Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [RETARD] OT (Read 4905 times) previous topic - next topic

[RETARD] OT

OK...the only things in the world that are "ready" are dirt and rocks

Not even those 
(Remember corrosion and "billions of years" - our line is a needle in a haystack...)

--alt-presets as is, and don't bother adding -m s behind them

OK - I'll do some more ear-testing with those....

P.S. the "unwanted echo" and some other produces of MP3-codecs sounds like interesting some times - as I previously told "the story of live music becoming to artificial format after studios and ADC / DAC conversions", that just adds some more artifics to the results - Sometimes with "nice" results....

Hmm  AAC and the competition? I could refer it as car-makers (and especially sellers) : Our make and model is most suitable just for You! And the price is reasonable : Just take a ride and see yourselves!...

P.S. FooBar sounds like well (winamp 3 just sucks, wa2 is ok). Personally I like J. River's Latest Media Center 9.1, it's like a central for all needs and the sound is well, Good media library, multi- / singletagger, Build-In TV, DVD-Player, much formats (now MP4 also), a FourCC changer / DirectSound Window to make recording presets for video / audio etc...
Also I own the all-hated MMJB v8 (the only thing I like with it is my subsciption to Radio-MX Platinum with AOD / MOD). They promised that at the end of this year we can make our own "radio-stations" meaning MAOD, own playlists and CD-Transparent Quality is now around 128k to 160k (Of cource I record them with CEPro v2.1 24bit raw data and screw them to MP3's, MP3Pro's or AAC with the new plugin to get "less lossy" output.

Audiotools is also a fine app with the ability to cut the input intellectually and make direct MP3's (no MP4 plugin yet...). Just put Camtasia Recorder to rec the main playlist screen and name the files afterwards....

Out-Topic and much - No alcohol, no drugs just need to "finger" a bit 

P.S. Explain me one thing : why are You taking so seriously everything - in this forum I have seen less humour than ever - are all You experts such a stonefaces and unflexible ? A bit lmao and laugh pse...?

[RETARD] OT

Reply #1
P.S. Explain me one thing : why are You taking so seriously everything - in this forum I have seen less humour than ever - are all You experts such a stonefaces and unflexible ? A bit lmao and laugh pse...?

Because the primary purpose of HydrogenAudio is a technical discussion of psychoacoustic audio compression (and supporting functions and applications).  In the on-topic forums (including this one) technical discussion comes first, and humor is allowed as long as it doesn't interfere with the technical discussion.  We're not intending to be "fuddy-duddies", just following priorities to maintain the integrity of the board, that's all.

If joking around is you're primary purpose, then you should post a topic here.

Believe me, I have a freakishly abstract, cynical, and completely odd sense of humor.  But there is a place and a time for everything, that's all.  General - (AAC) in a place for serious discussion.  The link in the paragraph above is the place for less serious discussion.

[RETARD] OT

Reply #2
If joking around is you're primary purpose, then you should post a topic here.

Got Your point - I just like doing both in on-topics and off-topics, still trying to stay in my trousers in the common sense. So I did not come here to laught - mostly learn and point some of my thoughts out.

Seriously spoken I made my first audio-related work as a hobby at University of Helsinki at 1981. I buid with Motorolas's 6809 processor a self programmed "Pre-PC" (all wired by myself), got DAC / ADC to it and worked out a "lossless codec" about 1:5 to store short piece of music (or whatever audio). The memory was expensive and with 64KB the limits were obvious, but I extented my opsys with punch-tape and later with a magnetophon as a "mass memory" working at 1200 kbauds. After that I interested in 16bits processors 68000 and 68020 and the memory amount reached 512KB and so did my projects grow up in time...

It was mine and my colleques cowork which was later adopted by some university project and aftrewards I heard nothing of it - the main thing is that I had learned a lot as programming (&audio coding) at those times and afterwards.

I have later been co-working with Linus Thorwalds at end of 80's and done some projects with Linux (one of those was related to the sound environment programming to Linux...)

That's part of my history - as my happy days at "University-Communnity" at Helsinki. The rest was work, work & work until nowadays having time to see things more clearly and having time to myself (Music, Programming, Studying are still my favorite main "hobbies")

[RETARD] OT

Reply #3
We're not intending to be "fuddy-duddies"

Yes, but maybe "just buddies"...

BTW - this is a "Genetal - (AAC)" thread, there is the "Tech - (AAC)" for the heavy guys around...

[EOF] !

[RETARD] OT

Reply #4
OK...the only things in the world that are "ready" are dirt and rocks

Not even those 
(Remember corrosion and "billions of years" - our line is a needle in a haystack...)

So why are you whaiting AAC to be ready..?

[RETARD] OT

Reply #5
The poster you were quoting was banned, so he won't be able to answer.

(In case you didn't notice, anyway.  I don't look to the left very often either.    )

[RETARD] OT

Reply #6
The poster you were quoting was banned, so he won't be able to answer.

(In case you didn't notice, anyway.  I don't look to the left very often either.   )

Heh
I did'nt look at there. Well i hope he can and will read this thread to remind him self why he should learn new things without whining...

[RETARD] OT

Reply #7
The messages which the ban was based on aren't visible anymore. Peter knows better what happened since he made the ban.
Juha Laaksonheimo

[RETARD] OT

Reply #8
Scenario:
1. Luser posts BS in another topic (I didn't really bother with the original AAC topic), including non-AAC-related BS ("Winamp3's lossy DirectSound" phrase keeps coming to my mind).
2. Luser gets warned and hit with #8 - I find it really unlikely that someone talking about playback API being "lossy" can possibly not be trolling, especially that his profile claims programming to be one of his interests, so he should have known what he was talking about.
3. Other members politely remind luser to stop posting things luser has no clue about.
4. Luser evades warning and registers new account (from same IP) to post more BS in that thread.
5. Luser clearly has no other purpose than trolling, so IP ban and two account bans.
6. Luser returns on a chineese open proxy, registers new account and trolls another thread (talks about Vorbis being "half-open").
7. Another IP-ban and account-ban.
I can restore archived topic and make it publicly viewable if anyone is interested in it (it was left visible for some time in offtopic before it got removed).
In other words, he didn't get banned by HA admins for anti-AAC trolling; he got banned by me for anti-Winamp3 trolling (heh heh).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

[RETARD] OT

Reply #9
...he got banned by me for anti-Winamp3 trolling (heh heh).