Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Oggdropxpd V1.6 Released For Testing (Read 20006 times) previous topic - next topic

Oggdropxpd V1.6 Released For Testing

Reply #75
Regarding the mixed up taggen.

When the last "field value" has a long name subsequent encodings have their shorter field values "added" with extra letters from this value it seems.

Thanks for that info. A stupid error that will be fixed later today and a new version uploaded. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Reply #76
Yeah, that is what it is doing for me, I appreciate YingYang's explanation, I hadn't been back on to explain it in more detail.
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #77
Yeah, that is what it is doing for me, I appreciate YingYang's explanation, I hadn't been back on to explain it in more detail.

oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 11 uploaded and available from Mirror 1.

Taggings issues now resolved. If you don't wish to have a Genre added, either delete the GenreData.txt file and have it recreated, or edit the txt file and add a Genre of:
Code: [Select]
blank
Then, selecting a genre of 'blank' (all lower case) will result in no Genre tag being created.

Reply #78
Don't want to sound too needy, but now that the tagging system works, can we/I have an official libvorbis 1.0 (not pre-1.1) compile too?
Pretty please?

Reply #79
Don't want to sound too needy, but now that the tagging system works, can we/I have an official libvorbis 1.0 (not pre-1.1) compile too?
Pretty please?

Your wish is my command!! 

beta 11 compiled using Release 1.0 libraries now available at Mirror 1.

Reply #80
hello john

thanks for this nice software

i want something about the file renaming

the file name i used is " OGG\%1 - %2 "
but i got error message because the "OGG" directory doesn't exist.

hope the next build will create directory when it doesn't exist.

Reply #81
I tried both beta 11 versions, just to be sure there was no encoder conflict, though I doubt it. Both write the Artist and Title information correctly, but now the Album is tagged as "%%2"  , or whatever is in the Album tag box, and the Date is now tagged as "WAV", and this goes for all the encoded oggs.

Also, damner's option request would be very helpful as well, because I like to keep my oggs and wavs separate, and there shouldn't be a need to specify a separate directory for each encode that I do.

On a side note, I searched the forum, and could not find much info on the differences in Vorbis versions, could someone give me a link to more information on the differences between Vorbis 1.0 and Alpha-1.1 ?  It might be easier just to list them here, who knows.  Thanks
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #82
I tried both beta 11 versions, just to be sure there was no encoder conflict, though I doubt it. Both write the Artist and Title information correctly, but now the Album is tagged as "%%2"  , or whatever is in the Album tag box, and the Date is now tagged as "WAV", and this goes for all the encoded oggs.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you please tell me what it was you entered in each of the boxes for tagging and give me an example of your full path for tagging purposes.
Also, damner's option request would be very helpful as well, because I like to keep my oggs and wavs separate, and there shouldn't be a need to specify a separate directory for each encode that I do.

I'll try to look at this soon.
On a side note, I searched the forum, and could not find much info on the differences in Vorbis versions, could someone give me a link to more information on the differences between Vorbis 1.0 and Alpha-1.1 ?  It might be easier just to list them here, who knows.  Thanks

To be quite honest with you, I can't really remember what it was that changed, but I don't recall it being of great significance. I suspect that the major changes for 1.1 have yet to make any real kind of appearance.

Reply #83
but now the Album is tagged as "%%2"

I've had things get tagged oddly, but the reason has always been either 1) there is a "-" in the artist name or title, therefore producing a false seperator  2) the referenced information doens't exist. i.e.: trying %%2 when your directory doesn't have a seperator.

Reply #84
As I was quoting my settings from before, I noticed my error, I had made a new directory called WAV and forgotten I was working in it.  This is user error, sorry for the trouble this time, thanks k.m.krebs, i reccognized my error as I read your post  .  Yes, it is working fine now, thanks again!

edit:  Would it be possible to allow us to drop folders of WAVs?

Reply #85
As I was quoting my settings from before, I noticed my error, I had made a new directory called WAV and forgotten I was working in it.  This is user error, sorry for the trouble this time, thanks k.m.krebs, i reccognized my error as I read your post  .  Yes, it is working fine now, thanks again!

edit:  Would it be possible to allow us to drop folders of WAVs?

Phew!!! That's a relief.  Thanks for letting me know, guys.

I'm exploring a variety of options at the moment, including this, with regard to the addition of VorbisGain. I'll let you know in due course!

Reply #86
Oohh, you're not going to like this

With the scheme Artist - Album - Number - Title
I get an "extra" "Number"-value written in the year field. Even overruling any year value I might have specified in the tagging setup.
Like this:
Artist: Groovebody
Title: Funkalution
Number: 04
Year: 04

Reply #87
Oohh, you're not going to like this

With the scheme Artist - Album - Number - Title
I get an "extra" "Number"-value written in the year field. Even overruling any year value I might have specified in the tagging setup.
Like this:
Artist: Groovebody
Title: Funkalution
Number: 04
Year: 04

You're right!! 

However, I'm not sure I fully understand exactly what's happening. Can you be little more explicit?

Reply #88
I'll try.

I've been encoding and tagging files using b11.

When encoding a wave-file named with the
Artist - Album - Number - Title.wav

and using the
Seperator: [ - ]
Artist: %1
Album: %2
Number: %3
Title: %4

I get Oggs that are tagged correctly, EXCEPT that the Year-field ALSO seems to get tagged with the Number-value. Even overrruling any values I might have specified for "year" in the tagging-setup screen.

(Could it be because both fields use numerical values instead of string values?)

Reply #89
confirming YinYang's test results here: used his setup and the year field contained the tracknumber value (01), even though I'd explicitly set it to 1994.

I flipped the name format to Artist - Album - Title - Number.wav, 1994 as the year, and it still did the same thing: both fields contained the track number.

Then I used Artist - Album - Title - Number - Year.wav and set %5 in the year field; this time the tagging worked fine.

So it appears literal year values are not accepted in some situations? I had no problem using them with the Number - Title.wav format, literals worked fine there.

Btw, John, where do I nominate you as HA Developer of the Year?  Seriously, your quick response to, and wonderful treatment of us beta testers are second to none and can't be appreciated enough.

/me doffs hat in deep respect.

Reply #90
To YinYang and CompactDick: Thanks a lot for that info, it enabled me to nail the problem. oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 12, uploaded and available at Mirror 1, resolves the problem. 

With regard to your other kind remarks, as I see it, it's really quite simple; you scratch my back, and I'll scratch your's!!  Good quality feedback is of enormous value to me in identifying and fixing problems. In other words, we need each other, right?

Reply #91
Thanks a lot.
Regarding the backscratching:
Next time any of you visit Copenhagen funny-coloured drinks with small umbrellas (or beer for those that fancy that drink) are on me. And then we can do the karaoke to our oggs. It'll be cool in a very shady manner B)

No seriously, I can only second Mr Compact D's sentiment.   

Shuffles off to encode some stuff

Reply #92
Artist-Number-Title.wav

and using the
Seperator: [-]
Album: I type a Name Here
Number: %2
Title: %3

Instead of showing "I type a Name here" as an Album name, The Album tag will display the first letter of the artist name.

Reply #93
Artist-Number-Title.wav

and using the
Seperator: [-]
Album: I type a Name Here
Number: %2
Title: %3

Instead of showing "I type a Name here" as an Album name, The Album tag will display the first letter of the artist name.

Sorry!!  The consequence of one stupid typo!! beta 13 uploaded and available, resolves this problem.

Reply #94
Forgive my newbieness  , but may i ask if you can merge the libraries (.dll) into the main .exe ?  Having only 1 files was what i like the most with OggdropXPd, carrying dependencies bother me (even more when you know that i will never use them -- ie no lossless compression).

Soren

Reply #95
Forgive my newbieness  , but may i ask if you can merge the libraries (.dll) into the main .exe ?  Having only 1 files was what i like the most with OggdropXPd, carrying dependencies bother me (even more when you know that i will never use them -- ie no lossless compression).

Soren

This would only be possible where I have access to the source of the lossless codecs but, not actually something I want to do!! 

However, I recognise that if you're not going to use the lossless decoding, it's a bit of a pain. I'll compile a separate version with the lossless support removed. I post this by the end of the day.

Reply #96
I'll compile a separate version with the lossless support removed. I post this by the end of the day

You're the king ! 

Thanks, Soren

Reply #97
A version of oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 13 without lossless decoding support has been uploaded and is available at Mirror 1.

In future, I'll probably maintain the two versions, one with, and the other without, lossless decoding support.