Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [MORE TOS8 CLUELESSNESS] From: WASAPI Output Plugin 'Maiko' (V (Read 2752 times) previous topic - next topic

[MORE TOS8 CLUELESSNESS] From: WASAPI Output Plugin 'Maiko' (V

I am trying the plugin out right now and it sounds way better than directsound.

Reply #1
You should read the TOS before spreading such bullshit. Since Vista DirectSound output at 100% volume is bitperfect. 1s are 1s and 0s are 0s. There is no "better" and "worse", it is identical (as long as you don't enable quality degrading options in you driver's control panel that could be disregarded in the case of ASIO).

A shared mode WASAPI plugin may have other advantages, though. For example, the application can be sure wether its output is left untouched by sample rate conversion, since it has to comply to the bitrate requested by WASAPI.

Reply #2
You should read the TOS before spreading such bullshit. Since Vista DirectSound output at 100% volume is bitperfect. 1s are 1s and 0s are 0s. There is no "better" and "worse", it is identical (as long as you don't enable quality degrading options in you driver's control panel that could be disregarded in the case of ASIO).

A shared mode WASAPI plugin may have other advantages, though. For example, the application can be sure wether its output is left untouched by sample rate conversion, since it has to comply to the bitrate requested by WASAPI.

I am not looking for bitperfect sound, I am looking for sounded sound, I have way too cheap equipment (400 € speakers and amp) where bitperfect sound would be good, so stop insulting and attacking me personally, next time you insult me I won´t hesitate to insult you back or even report you. I am using Windows 7 and I read the Terms of Service (especially #8), but a lot of people can't afford good soundhardware and have to use 400 € shit instead of 1000€ quality in order to disable all sounding and use bitperfect sound.

Reply #3
I am using Windows 7 and I read the Terms of Service (especially #8)

So you "must provide objective support" for your statement. Where is it?