Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_volume (Read 123739 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_volume

Reply #50
I think this is great. I was always OK without the volume control, but secretly I'd always hankered after one.

One issue here though, the "knob" on the slider is different between the volume control and the pointy one on the seekbar.

Here's a pic

Is there a reason for this? From a gui perspective they should probably be the same. I definitely prefer the square overthe pointy one. Looks more standard. Is there a way i can fix this on my setup.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #51
One issue here though, the "knob" on the slider is different between the volume control and the pointy one on the seekbar.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260978"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Why should they be the same? So that they are completely indistinguishable by looks?

foo_uie_volume

Reply #52
I guess it's a matter of taste  The current volume slide looks almost like the seekbar, so making it look identical will cause more trouble than good in my opinion. At least this little difference makes them different and you can (hardly) identify them.

If someday more customizable volume slide could happen, I'll prefer the choice between:

- Vertical volume slide.
- 'ala' Media Player Classic horizontal volume slide.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #53
Perhaps you're right jkwarras, it's surely about taste. But I'd like them the same anyway. I just don't like the little pointy one.

The n again, I was always one to focus on (supposed) imperfections.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #54
can you made volume like this pic.

WBR,  Vitaliy I. Bogdanets
Foobar2000 - The way it's meant to be played

foo_uie_volume

Reply #55
First of all, thanks for this plugin.  Not have an quick way to adjust the volume using the mouse was annoying and I'm glad this plugin exists now to fill that hole

Is there any way to adjust how much the volume bar changes when using the mouse wheel?  Right now it looks like it raises/lowers by 10% at a time.  I'd like to be able to change that to a lower value like 5%.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #56
newbie to foobar ... migrant from winamp which I thort was best till now!
(except for documentation!!)

Can't get volume toolbar to show.

Is installed, shows up in prefs as component, am using columns UI, but when right click on toolbars there is no volume control toolbar to enable.

Grateful for assistance.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #57
newbie to foobar ... migrant from winamp which I thort was best till now!
(except for documentation!!)

Is installed, shows up in prefs as component, am using columns UI, but when right click on toolbars there is no volume control toolbar to enable.

Grateful for assistance.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267034"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello, I had this problem and it was due to using an out-of-date version of columnsUI - try getting the latest version. I think the link is in the first post in this thread.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #58
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267034"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

UNder column UI (if you don't have it, download this component) preferences make sure to check 'list all toolbar'. See if that helps.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #59
- try getting the latest version. I think the link is in the first post in this thread.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267035"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

make sure to check 'list all toolbar'. See if that helps.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267036"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Both correct. Much obliged!

foo_uie_volume

Reply #60
Thank you for making this volume control. I've long long waited for something like this.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #61
If someday more customizable volume slide could happen, I'll prefer the choice between:

- Vertical volume slide.
- 'ala' Media Player Classic horizontal volume slide.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260984"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

kode54, do you have any plans in implementing something like this? 

foo_uie_volume

Reply #62
It's right here. Requires Columns UI v0.1.2 beta 4 or newer.

Note that this component is a completely independent implementation which I assembled today. Enjoy.

Change log:
[dl][dt]1.4:[/dt][dd]
  • Updated to UI Extension API v5.0.0.
  • Removed scrollwheel hook
[/dd][dt]1.32:[/dt][dd]
  • Fixed a lame bug in the configuration dialog. Configured mixer device ID is zero for internal and 1-n, for hardware, where n is the number of hardware mixers in the system. Whoops, it was checking this range improperly, so if device == n, it reset to zero. Kind of made it guaranteed to reset if you only have one hardware mixer.
[/dd][dt]1.31:[/dt][dd]
  • Added error logging, the console should always pop up on most serious errors.
[/dd][dt]1.3:[/dt][dd]
  • Volume control catches scrollwheel messages, hopefully most of the time.
[/dd][dt]1.21:[/dt][dd]
  • Fixed a bug in the trackbar WM_MOUSEMOVE override which only happened to manifest when using the internal volume in combination with foo_osd's volume change pop-up.
[/dd][dt]1.2:[/dt][dd]
  • Internal volume is now controlled on a logarithmic scale.
  • Added annoying warning to preferences for internal mixer.
[/dd][dt]1.1:[/dt][dd]
  • Added hotkeys for volume up/down/mute, for whichever mixer you have the component configured to use. Rather redundant for internal volume, mostly useful for external mixers.
[/dd][dt]1.0:[/dt][dd]
  • Initial release.
[/dd][/dl]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247791"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 601 ms
INFO (foo_uie_volume) : mixerGetLineControls failed -
WARNING (foo_uie_volume) : mixerGetControlDetails failed in GetVolume -

foo_uie_volume

Reply #63
stupid me. how do I install this?

foo_uie_volume

Reply #64
I would love to get this thing working but I keep having this problem...

Using:
foobar 0.8.3
uie_volume, latest.
ui_columns, 0.1.2 stable, newest one.
sound card: m-audio delta audiophile 2496 (asio), latest driver.

Two issues I'm having. First, when I try to choose my soundcard in "Control Which Device" box, I get the following errors in my console:

INFO (foo_uie_volume) : mixerGetLineControls failed - WARNING (foo_uie_volume) : mixerGetControlDetails failed in GetVolume -
INFO (foo_uie_volume) : mixerGetLineControls failed - WARNING (foo_uie_volume) : mixerGetControlDetails failed in GetVolume -

Second issue is the volume slider is not an option on any of my toolbars (yes I already chose show all toolbars). I suspect this problem is related to the first problem above.

Anyone else had this type of problem? And specifically what soundcards are you all using?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for a great plugin BTW.

foo_uie_volume

Reply #65
the link on the first page doesnt work...any other place to get it?

foo_uie_volume

Reply #66
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://static.morbo.org/kode54/]kode54's page[/url]

foo_uie_volume

Reply #67
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://static.morbo.org/kode54/]kode54's page[/url]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=315110"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks alot 

foo_uie_volume

Reply #68
kode54,

This is a fantastic plugin. Thanks loads.

Would you be able to do a v0.9 compatible build? The lack of a volume slider is pretty much the only reason now why I don't use 0.9 all the time - I just can't live without it

Also, I was wondering if you might release the source code?

foo_uie_volume

Reply #69
That's a really nice plugin, Thanks a lot !!! 

foo_uie_volume

Reply #70
___

foo_uie_volume

Reply #71
Here is a bug:

Start with the volume slider all the way up. the tooltip popup reports "0.00dB". now slowly start to slide it to the left. As you decrease the volume, it says "0.27dB" "0.55dB" "0.85dB", despite the fact that it should be getting smaller (below zero).

foo_uie_volume

Reply #72
the link no longer works

any other sources??

foo_uie_volume

Reply #73
the link no longer works

any other sources??
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://static.morbo.org/kode54/]http://static.morbo.org/kode54/[/url]

foo_uie_volume

Reply #74
Bah, could anyone give me some instructions on installing? I do have the required version of Columns UI, but I just can't find it.
All I see in the "Volumn Control Options" entry in my preferences is the following:

Edit: To avoid any confusion, here's my foobar: