Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Toaster for Fb2k (Read 317167 times) previous topic - next topic

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #126
I'm having a strange issue with this plugin. It's not showing in the components list anymore.
Anyone could help? thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290637"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you check Core>Main menu items to see if you could add it?  Sometimes if you remove a component and re-add it, it wont re-add its menu items, or something like that.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #128
THanks shaneh for such a great plugin!  I really like it because it alphablends real nicely.

I am using id3v2 albumcovers - I was wondering if you were able to make a small change to the functionality of toaster, that is, when albumcover is not present for the particular song, a hole (for the cover art) is not shown if cover is to the left of the text.  If you don't understand what I mean, I will attach some images.

Thanks

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #129
THanks shaneh for such a great plugin!  I really like it because it alphablends real nicely.

I am using id3v2 albumcovers - I was wondering if you were able to make a small change to the functionality of toaster, that is, when albumcover is not present for the particular song, a hole (for the cover art) is not shown if cover is to the left of the text.  If you don't understand what I mean, I will attach some images.

Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291417"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would also like to see this, so there isnt a square empty space when there's no art
Also, a command to hide it when visible would be cool, but not very important

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #130
I will get around to updating this plugin sometime soon, with proper foobar2000 config support rather than .ini saving which will fix heaps of unicode problems. Although Im a bit unsure at the moment how to suport multiple presets when using foobar2000 config routines.

With regards to the empty space, it is possible to have a toast_track.png which will be used if the cover isn't found, but I can add the option to extend the text over if you like.

Im also hoping to add some inline colour encoding support to the ATF text output stuff, though it might be a bit tricky.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #131
erm is it just me or does this not work with the latest msn 7.0

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #132
It should work fine. Make sure you have the 'what im listening to' feature turned on and arent running any other media players which also update these titles.

It uses similar code to the foo_msn plugin, so if that works there might be something wrong with the configuration of Toaster. It currently has some issues with unicode config paths etc.

You can try the foo_msn plugin from http://www.myplugins.info

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #133
It should work fine. Make sure you have the 'what im listening to' feature turned on and arent running any other media players which also update these titles.

It uses similar code to the foo_msn plugin, so if that works there might be something wrong with the configuration of Toaster. It currently has some issues with unicode config paths etc.

You can try the foo_msn plugin from http://www.myplugins.info
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291499"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What I'm listening to for MSN 7 works fine with toaster.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #134
A couple of weeks ago, the msn toaster function was working fine. Now it does not work at all. I've tried foo_msn, as well. Any suggestions on how to fix this. No errors took place. There's simply no interaction between Foobar and Messenger.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #135
Did you install any stuffnplug/msgplus/mess.be nonsense? My advice would be to simply uninstall messenger and re-install it again if so. This plugin is for the unmodified MSN Messenger 7.0.0777 and above. If it works for any other hacks or versions, that is a bonus, not a supported environment.

/EDIT: I have confirmed there does seem to be a problem at the moment, although it appears to be an issue with MSN Messenger rather than Toaster. Before blaming Toaster or foo_msn, test with the official MS plugin and WMP to check that is not a problem with Messenger itself. Which it would appear to be.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #136
A couple of weeks ago, the msn toaster function was working fine. Now it does not work at all. I've tried foo_msn, as well. Any suggestions on how to fix this. No errors took place. There's simply no interaction between Foobar and Messenger.

I've solved my my MSN problem.
(Note: Although, I didn't use the toaster options for MSN this may prove useful for people unable to get that option working for them)

So here's my dummy explanation:

1. I kept toaster but unchecked all the msn options.
2. Then I got foo_msn off the same site as Toaster and put it in the Foobar components folder. (Link: http://www.myplugins.info/)
3. On MSN, I unchecked the "what I'm listening to" function. My WMP messenger plugin is also disabled.
4. I closed Messenger.
5. Opened Messenger.
6. Checked the "What I'm listening to" function.
7. My title appeared as it should on my MSN display. 

It's worth a try for anyone that had my problem. 

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #137
thanks,
but i still have a ?-? displayed in my "what i am listening to" box
anyone have the same problem?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #138
@philipshu
Check that the playing file is tagged properly (at least artist name and track title).

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #139
i think i have a proper tag,
here is what happened

screenshot

is it because i have a non-English operating system?

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']moderation: max. for inlined screenshots: ca. 800x600px, 80KB. please use links and/or thumbnails for larger ones. png is usually better than jpeg for screenshots.[/span]

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #140
A non-english operating system may affect Toaster, as it isn't fully unicode compatible yet. Foo_msn should work ok though. Try removing the foo_toaster component completely and just use foo_msn. Toaster may be interfering and setting the wrong information because it can't handle the unicde properly. Just disabling it may not work, because a non-ansi install path causes settings to not be saved properly (in Toaster).

It would appear the updates are working ok, it just isn't TAGZ'ing it properly. What are your configuration settings for foo_msn? (under MSN Now Playing) It should be:

Artist{0} = %artist%
Title{1} = %title%

MSN Format = {0} - {1}

Try playing with those values.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #141
I think it looks like he's only displaying the filename in the foobar playlist. So he has to open up the file info window to check if it's tagged.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #142
thanks storm,
got the problem fixed,
i'm using foo_msn

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #143
Works like a charm, excellent plugin!

My English sucks... Forgive me :(

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #144
I'm looking forward to the new version and meanwhile, I've got an idea:

What about adding an option to show the toaster few seconds after the song starts (e.g. with a delay) and a few seconds before the song ends (just like it is on those music channels).

I think it would look quite cool 

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #145
and the support for unicode caracters in directories name 

btw, good idea quiark

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #146
Works like a charm, excellent plugin!

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293411"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hey man can you upload your toaster preset?
thanx

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #147
Hello everybody, I've got a problem to display the title in MSN with toaster when I'm listening to a stream.

The title and artist are correctly displayed in the title bar of foobar (stream's tag or something like that i suppose). But in MSN, it shows the name of the stream (ie : "PBB - OGG - 64kbps") 

Have you got a solution?

Thank you for your help 

Bye

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #148
I accidently messed up the string of code that reads "Folder.jpg" from the song's path.

Can somebody post their string please?

PS.  Does it have to read a specific name like Folder.jpg or can it just take any jpg in the folder?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #149
I accidently messed up the string of code that reads "Folder.jpg" from the song's path.

Can somebody post their string please?

PS.  Does it have to read a specific name like Folder.jpg or can it just take any jpg in the folder?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=298124"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

$left(%_path%,$strrchr(%_path%,'\'))folder.jpg