Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1105155 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #175
crosses-fingers

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #176
crosses-fingers
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258815"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Me 2. All of them

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #177
[...] Needs MSVCP71.dll present in order to work. [...]

hello.

i've tried to find out myself how do deal with the 'albumart'-plugin but really: i can't handle.
i tried different versions of columns_ui and i copied the dll into system32 and in components too. i thought it has to be registered using 'regsvr32 MSVCP71.dll' - but that popups an error-message.

anyway i can't work it out ..
hopefully you can help me with this error-message. it occurs when i start up foobar.

Code: [Select]
INFO (CORE) : startup time: 530 ms
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_albumart.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

thx + greetz. aussenboarder

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #178
@aussenboarder
hey 'sup ...
cool plugin, i got it working on one of my computers that had msvcp71.dll already (installed with after-effects, i think).  anyways my other computer it won't work on.  dropped msvcp71.dll into my %systemroot%\system32\ (xp sp2) and it said that it couldn't find it.  tried regsvr32 ... said it couldn't find the file in the path i provided even though i'm looking right at it, and it's there.  any ideas guys?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=257921"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Easy thing: Just put the DLLs in your foobar2K-root folder. And it's done.
Moon
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=257932"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Please try searching in the threads next time - in this case: one page back.
Thank you. Moon

edit: typo.
"If there 's no soul in the computer's music, it's because nobody put it there." - Björk.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #179
I just updated my ui columns to 0.1.2 RC1, and sadly it broke albumart (after spending many days scanning all my albums no less lol). This is a fantastic plugin, and I sure hope someone is able and willing to work on it. I would be happy to do it, if I knew one iota of how to program. Anyone have a time machine so I can go back in time and kick myself in the butt when I was 13?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #180
Yeah. Now when you are older you have no more time to learn an other programming language. I am glad, that I learned several myself (unfortunatelly no C up to now).

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #181
[...]

I used to put the cover image as "Artist - [YYYY] AlbumName.jpg", the following format works fine for me:

[Artist - [YYYY] AlbumName.front.jpg]
$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)%artist% - '['$right(%date%,4)']' %album%.front.jpg
[Artist - [YYYY] AlbumName.jpg]
$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)%artist% - '['$right(%date%,4)']' %album%.jpg
[Artist - [YYYY] AlbumName.back.jpg]
$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)%artist% - '['$right(%date%,4)']' %album%.back.jpg
[for no cd image found, display the "NoCover.jpg"]
components\NoCover.jpg

[...]

hi waileongyeo,

very cool string idea you posted! - that work very fine for me too!
i'am using the form: Artistname - Albumname - front.jpg
do you have any idea how to write a string that looks for any file joining this schemata: *-front.jpg ?
that would be the easiest i think. sometimes the albumname isn't the same in filename (length etc.)
- hope u got a cool idea.

anyway: a big thing that i don't understand:
i am tagging all my mp3s also with a picture within the mp3-file. don't you?
why isn't there a component that reads out this information?
anybody knows what i do this for? i never saw a program that can read out the pic...

best regards, aussenboarder

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #182
...very cool string idea you posted! - that work very fine for me too!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259311"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great to hear that.

i'am using the form: Artistname - Albumname - front.jpg
do you have any idea how to write a string that looks for any file joining this schemata: *-front.jpg ?
that would be the easiest i think. sometimes the albumname isn't the same in filename (length etc.)
- hope u got a cool idea.

I did face the same problem before. I've to rename the picture exactly as the format in order to display the album cover correctly.

I think this problem can not be solved in string coding in current version (v0.034), it's the limitation of the plugin (I think). 

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #183
anyway: a big thing that i don't understand:
i am tagging all my mp3s also with a picture within the mp3-file. don't you?
why isn't there a component that reads out this information?
anybody knows what i do this for? i never saw a program that can read out the pic...

best regards, aussenboarder

there are programs that read embedded cover art within the tags such as tag&rename and some winamp plugins. as the author of the plugin said, in future versions he would be working on this, but since he has no time i think reading embedded cover art for the albumart plugin is on hiatus.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #184
If you store png/jpg inside an mp3 tag wouldn't you be storing the same file inside every track for the same album? Seems terribly illogical to me. Makes sense for one-file-one-album setups though.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #185
[...] I think this problem can not be solved in string coding in current version (v0.034) [...]

that's not so nice. i did not code a bit myself until now, but .. as an idea: wouldn't that
be possible by using regular expressions? are regex supportet?

[...] there are programs that read embedded cover art within the tags such as tag&rename [...] but since he has no time [...]

that's what i meant - i am using tag&rename: there you can tag the image into the
mp3-file. but i never got a player which deals with the image (heard of winamp but it's
not very interesting).

[...] If you store png/jpg inside an mp3 tag wouldn't you be storing the same file inside every track for the same album? [...]

you are right - it's a little silly. but they managed to decrease the filesize so that the
mp3-file would blow up more that necessary. the thing i like about that feature is that i
don't have to mess up with several files to have all 'information' around one song. i
don't know if the image-tagging is part of the id2v3 specification - but i hope so.
besides: another interesting thing would be to read out the songtexts and review-comments :)

greetz -) aussenboarder

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #186
[...] I think this problem can not be solved in string coding in current version (v0.034) [...]

that's not so nice. i did not code a bit myself until now, but .. as an idea: wouldn't that

[...] there are programs that read embedded cover art within the tags such as tag&rename [...] but since he has no time [...]

that's what i meant - i am using tag&rename: there you can tag the image into the
mp3-file. but i never got a player which deals with the image (heard of winamp but it's
not very interesting).

[...] If you store png/jpg inside an mp3 tag wouldn't you be storing the same file inside every track for the same album? [...]

you are right - it's a little silly. but they managed to decrease the filesize so that the
mp3-file would blow up more that necessary. the thing i like about that feature is that i
don't have to mess up with several files to have all 'information' around one song. i
don't know if the image-tagging is part of the id2v3 specification - but i hope so.
besides: another interesting thing would be to read out the songtexts and review-comments

greetz -) aussenboarder
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259747"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not sure if you know this already but the foobar tagger will delete the jpegs stored in your mp3 if you re-tag with foobar (unless you set it to change the tag info stored in the foobar database only)

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #187
I'm not sure if you know this already but the foobar tagger will delete the jpegs stored in your mp3 if you re-tag with foobar (unless you set it to change the tag info stored in the foobar database only)

How do i change and keep the new info in the database only ?
You're talking to my guy all wrong... It's the wrong tone. Say it again, and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #188

Since the new version of Foo_uie_albumart has not been released for a long time. I will recommend this album cover display using foo_looks (v2.1). I edited the original "see_through_coverart" skin and created mine own version of "Album Cover Art" skin as the temperary replacement of Foo_uie_albumart.

Download and extract the attached 7z file (you need 7-zip or winrar v3.4, or newer) to extract them to the following folder:
c:\program files\foobar2000\components\

The settings are available in the preferences: Components -> Looks-> Current Looks.
Select the "AlbumCoverAr.wly.ski" as the current skin. As an reference, the original skin is also included as "SeeThroughCoverArt.ski".

aussenboarder:
You will find that the plugin is more intelligent in searching the Album Cover. The plugin search the available images with the following priority:
[1] "*front*"          i.e. image name with the key word "front" front will be loaded
[2] "*cover*"        i.e. If no image file name found with *font*, look for *cover* image files.
[3] "*back*"          => similar as above
[4] "*cd*"            => similar as above
[5] "*"                  => Display ANY available image file if found

Hope this will provide more idea to the development of the next version of the foo_uie_albumart. 

Download Here:
AlbumCoverArt (194.35k)
Updated Skin (only) (fixed some prob. of showing the album after hide & restore) (20.76k)

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #189
rexy why are you waiting so long to post  the source code? I will try to work on it these holidays but i don't want to start from nothing.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #190

How do i change and keep the new info in the database only ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259769"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Foobar2000 > Preferences > Database > make sure there is a check mark by Block tag update operations.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #191
Advanced coverart released
use foolook 2 and WWW services for search (not only) coverart images.

Advanced coverart
Music is my first love.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #192
I much prefer foo_uie_albumart which fits very nicely into my current layout, rather than messing around with foo_looks again, which I did a while back and just ended up frustrated. Speaking of frustration, I restored my foobar setup from a backup (sure glad I did one the day before!) so that my album art works again. I've decided I'd rather have this plug-in working than update to the latest foo_ui_columns so that foo_vis_simple_specturm (panel version) would work right.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #193
I much prefer foo_uie_albumart ...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260133"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

me too!
but while waiting...
Music is my first love.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #194
rexy why are you waiting so long to post  the source code? I will try to work on it these holidays but i don't want to start from nothing.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259848"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

rexy is probably traveling abroad right now like he mentioned. i dont think we will see an update until after the new years holiday.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #195
Okay, here you all go. I know you've been waiting for it. Just check the first post.
Just a couple of notes:
Drawing might be slow because I set the intrepolation on way way highest quality, but that's what you wanted.  I'll prolly add an option for the interpolation mode sometime.
Also, to use wildcard matching, just add "match:" before the string and use * (any string of characters), ? (any one character), ** (any string of characters and it looks in sub-directories). Right now, it works a little screwy because I was trying to get it to work with unicode and all. It actually works fine with English characters when I replace all the unicode compatible variables with normal variables, but when I try and make it compatible it works screwy for anything. I didn't wanna bother changing it back to normal variables so expect screwy functionality (nothing like crashes and stuff, but like it would retrieve just some random file from the folder... maybe even an mp3 and then it would just not be able to open it and you won't see anything... but sometimes it works). I guess I'll have to have a look at that... Dunno when.

Enjoy!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #196
Haha, I spoke too soon.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #197
crosses-fingers
crosses-fingers

Me 2. All of them
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258863"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Your wish came true! It's a christmas miracle!

I much prefer foo_uie_albumart ...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260133"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

me too!
but while waiting...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260166"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, I always wanted this kind of plugin, so I finally got around to making it. I did not like the alternatives (samurize, foo_looks, etc.).

rexy is probably traveling abroad right now like he mentioned. i dont think we will see an update until after the new years holiday.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260175"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not yet, but soon.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #198
Hi Rexy,

How do I fix the minimum height thing when putting the album art under the menu bar?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #199
Thanks, rexy, I like early, unexpected christmas presents! 

Just one thing. After just a little testing, I get the impression that it only uses the first entry in the source list. If no image is found, it doesn't try using the next source listed. Can anyone verify this?