Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg bit rate display in Windows Explorer (W7)? (Read 5754 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg bit rate display in Windows Explorer (W7)?

When browsing files in Windows Explorer (W7 32-bit), you can configure your folder view to display a "Bit rate" column/field for each file.  W7 will report bit rates for MP3, WMA, and AAC files, but not for Ogg files.  Is there any kind of app/utility that I can install that will make W7 display bit rates for Ogg files as well?

I know there are utilities out there such as InfoTag Magic that will display such file info/specs when you hover your mouse over a specific file, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Ogg bit rate display in Windows Explorer (W7)?

Reply #1
Actually this problem of Windows Explorer not displaying any metadata info from ogg files is wider than mere absence of bit rate display in column view...

I first stumbled upon this problem with Flac files, that was solved (after thorough research on Google) thanks to this unofficial patch: Windows 7 32-64 bits FLAC Property Handler . Microsoft has justified this need for a third party software to be able to do this: Answers Microsoft
But as far as ogg vorbis files are concerned, I couldn't find any similar solution...

Would anyone have a hint/would be competent enough to create a similar patch for Oggs? That would be much appreciated, as even if I use foobar to manage my collection and mp3tag to edit the tags, their easy display in Windows Explorer would smoothen a lot their handling :-]

Thanks