Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_tree (Read 705052 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1800
Hello,

how do you activitate the playlist tree? I am on 0.9.5.2 version.
I tried to trigger a query but nothing happens. In the preferences page, when i click on query, or leaf, there is a dialog bow with "Playlist Tree must be active to select icons" message. How can i do this?

Thanks in advance
Fabien

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1801
hi all,

just came back to foobar2000 after a necessary reinstall. My previous installation of fb was rarely old and not really up-to-date. Because of not backed up any setting, components et al. i'am now trying to rebuild it.

By copying playlist_tree and cwb_hooks to the components directory, fb say after a restart that they are not for this version (the newest 9.5.3).
---
The following components are incompatible with this foobar2000 version and will function partially or incorrectly:
- foo_cwb_hooks.dll : cwbowron's title format hooks, Tagger Panel Window
- foo_playlist_tree.dll : Playlist Tree Panel
Please update these components to their latest versions if possible.
--
Hmm, referring to http://www.bazquux.com/wiki/Foobar2000:Playlist_Tree it seems they won't be updatet. Is there a hope to get them to work or do i have to look for an alternative.

kind regards
rainer

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1802
What rating/star system works best with Playlist Tree?
Is there a way to make a "Party Shuffle" script along the following lines:

Make a 5-song playlist that will favor higher-rated/starred tracks
sort randomly
have it autoupdate after every track
?

Thanks,
Arithmomaniac

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1803
anyone know of a way to prevent foo_uie_albumart from displaying images from the selection in foo_playlist_tree? thanks.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1804
The simplest way is to make sure that 'toggle follow cursor' (in the album art context menu) is off, so that it always displays art for the currently-playing song only. You can also switch this off by double-clicking on the art panel.

I don't know if there's a way to set it to follow your cursor within a playlist, but to ignore selections made in Playlist Tree, though.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1805
damn, im not sure when this behavior was changed but its kind of annoying now. its a shame the older versions of playlist tree are nowhere to be found. R.I.P playlist tree, cwbowron and his components will be greatly missed.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1806
I'm using playlist tree in order to generate automatic bests of (by genre, artist, year and so on)
It do very well the job but for the artists best of, I want to add a filter and I don't know how :

Today I use :
source :
@database

Criteria :
%rating% GREATER 2

Format :
%artist%|%rating% - %title%

But a lot of artists only have 1 song in their best of and I prefer display only those who have at least 2 songs

Is it possible to add this filter ? 

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1807
What exactly isn't working in 0.9.5.3 with Playlist Tree? It seems to be working fine for me (outside the lack of $rand() which was removed before), though I don't have any particularly complicated queries in it.

Is there any equivalent function with the new default UI? I mainly use it just for making playlists containing/not containing particular genres, ratings or filetypes.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1808
I was able to use Playlist Tree without incident in 9.5.3 for a while (aside from the error message, obviously). I assume there are some functions within it that use the bad API, but I couldn't tell you what they are.

For making simple playlists that match up to simple (or not so simple) queries, I find the new Library Search command to be pretty effective. You could probably also set up an Album List view by genre, and then of course there's Facets (which I am not all that familiar with, as I don't use the Default UI).

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1809
Does anybody have the latest version?
The author took it down.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1810
Do a forum search for "playlist tree mod". Someone else has taken over the project and adapted it to work with modern FB2K.