Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Monkey Audio Problem (Read 3738 times) previous topic - next topic

Monkey Audio Problem

HI there.. I am trying to compress a 2gig wav file fomr a gig of ours and Monkey Audio is just erroring every time and creating a 2kb file....

Any ideas?

I can make a OGG and a FLAC easy enough..... but I always have used monkey so I am not sure why it is not working...

Any ideas?

Monkey Audio Problem

Reply #1
Probably the file is too large for the Monkey encoder to handle. Why not see that as an opportunity to switch to FLAC?
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Monkey Audio Problem

Reply #2
Can you convert the FLAC to MAC?

Monkey Audio Problem

Reply #3
From MACLib.h:

Code: [Select]
    //    int nMaxAudioBytes
    //        the absolute maximum audio bytes that will be encoded... encoding fails with a
    //        ERROR_APE_COMPRESS_TOO_MUCH_DATA if you attempt to encode more than specified here
    //        (if unknown, use MAX_AUDIO_BYTES_UNKNOWN to allocate as much storage in the seek table as
    //        possible... limit is then 2 GB of data (~4 hours of CD music)... this wastes around
    //        30kb, so only do it if completely necessary)

So indeed Monkey's Audio cannot encode files that bigger than 2 GB.

Monkey Audio Problem

Reply #4
Thanks guys.. I just ended up using FLAC, also did a test with wavepack as I have heard good things... but kinda a shame monley dosn't work...