Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Info about mpc encoder version needed (Read 3895 times) previous topic - next topic

Info about mpc encoder version needed

Hi,

i try to sort all my audio files by quality and need correct information abaout the used encoder.
For mp3 files does encspot a good job (i know its only a guess), ogg files can be recognized by encoder library date, and for mpc i take a look at the foobar file information screen.

i know if the version number of the mpc encoder shows 2 digits after the dot, its a beta release.
2 digits and a letter is alpha. only 1 digit is a final version. (i know the beta versions are as good as final)

But my problem is to allocate older version of mpc like v1.7.9 or 0.9 and others.

what is "Buschmann 1.7.0...9, Klemm 0.90...1.05" ?

can anyone tell me if this is a guess between the versions 0.90 and 1.05 or 1.7.0 to 1.7.0.9?
i want to comprehend the meaning of a them.
is there a safe way to recognize the encoder version?

does exist a tool to display version numbers by scaning a whole directory of mpcs, like encspot?
and sorry for my stupid english. 

Reply #1
i know if the version number of the mpc encoder shows 2 digits after the dot, its a beta release.
2 digits and a letter is alpha. only 1 digit is a final version. (i know the beta versions are as good as final)

Both beta and alpha have two digits after the dot but beta uses even numbers and alpha odd.

can anyone tell me if this is a guess between the versions 0.90 and 1.05 or 1.7.0 to 1.7.0.9?

Mppenc 1.06 was first one to use version number in the header, all older versions have zero on place of that. There's no way to know encoder version for those files if you can't recompress original file again to test it.

does exist a tool to display version numbers by scaning a whole directory of mpcs, like encspot?

I don't know graphical tools, but Tag with parameters "--hidetags *.mpc" is quite effective.

Reply #2

Both beta and alpha have two digits after the dot but beta uses even numbers and alpha odd.

Mppenc 1.06 was first one to use version number in the header, all older versions have zero on place of that. There's no way to know encoder version for those files if you can't recompress original file again to test it.

I don't know graphical tools, but Tag with parameters "--hidetags *.mpc" is quite effective.

Thank you