Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD showing same song titles for different CD (Read 5322 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD showing same song titles for different CD

i have an album with 3 CDs ... i used XLD to rip it to wav format ... i put in the first CD it was ok except a few songs took really long time to rip [the speed is less than 0, tok more than a hour to rip] ... the first CD finally finished and insert the second CD ... strange thing happened ... the song list appeared the same as the first CD ... tried the third CD ... the song list appeared again the same as the first CD ... do not know why? ... i turn-off imac and log in again but the same song list appeared the same as the first CD ... no matter which CD i put in ... but to mention that it has the same title for all three CDs...

any advice to solve this issue and why certain songs would take so long to rip...
thanks & cheers,

Reply #1
I have extracted many audiobooks with EAC. Most have no CD text but a few companies do label the tracks. Those from one company frequently come up showing the album, artist, and track names from a different book than it really is.

I believe that whatever criteria EAC uses to recognize a previously extracted CDs is duplicated on many CD from that company. The program thus believes it has a CD it has extracted before. It not only shows the content titles (incorrectly) but other information for each track from the earlier read CD rather than the one it has right now. It gets the information it is displaying from its on-computer database when it "believes" it has a previously extracted CD. The on-screen CRC values from the earlier CD are replaced when I extract the current CD. Perhaps XLD does something similar.

Reply #2
I don't use XLD, but typically the player or ripper software gets a "fingerprint" of the CD and then looks for a match in the online CDDB or Gracenote database.    At least some of the information in the database has been uploaded by users, so someone may have uploaded the wrong information.

Reply #3
For whatever it may be worth, I use icdx which writes directly to the CD Info.cidb file which apps use for metadata. I have see your behavior with XLD. It's happened maybe twice in hundreds of rips. Perhaps we need to communicate with the developer? I will. He's pretty responsive.

Reply #4
For whatever it may be worth, I use icdx which writes directly to the CD Info.cidb file which apps use for metadata. I have see your behavior with XLD. It's happened maybe twice in hundreds of rips. Perhaps we need to communicate with the developer? I will. He's pretty responsive.

how can you communicate with the developer? ... i tried but could not find any available info...
cheers,

Reply #5

how can you communicate with the developer? ... i tried but could not find any available info...
cheers,

From menu bar with XLD running go XLD>About XLD. In the subsequent window is the link to the official website. On the site at the end is an email link.