Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: what are your views on the JVC indash players (Read 3638 times) previous topic - next topic

what are your views on the JVC indash players

I'm looking at KD-SH9750 for my car.
Anyone have any real experiance with JVC car audio MP3 players? Any sudgestions?

Reply #1
I've had the SH99 (I think) for about a year and a half.  It's great with music CDs or MP3 CDs.

Reply #2
KD-SH99 here too, love it, shouldn't have any problems with any of the newer ones like the one you're thinking of getting

Reply #3
I have a KD-SX980 in my car right now, I bought it about a year ago and I am very impressed with it. It plays my entire alt-preset standard MP3 collection perfectly off cd-r and rw. Fast load time, simple navigation if you sort the cd into folders, ID3 support, and CD-Text support to boot. The only thing that bothers me about it is the 1 1/2 to 2 second pause between MP3 files. This makes listening to certain things very annoying, especially live albums. They may have fixed it in the newer models, I don't know. If this is an important factor for you, make sure and test it with some MP3 files that run together before you buy it.
(I know mp3 files have silence at the beginning and end of them, but a few milliseconds I can live with; 2 seconds bothers me).

Reply #4
(I know mp3 files have silence at the beginning and end of them, but a few milliseconds I can live with; 2 seconds bothers me).

I have found that disclaimers like this are useless in keeping the millisecond gap police from dominating
a thread.  edit: See any thread on CD burning.

Back to the 2 second gaps... do the JVC models have updateable firmware?  The Iriver/riovolt
portables had the gap problem but fixed with a firmware update that fetches the start of the next song before the current one ends.  Even without updates, a newer model may have fixed it.. worth checking.

Reply #5
The 2 second gap bugs me too. I can live with the short gaps. 2 seconds is a pain. I have the SH99. Not firmware upgradeable to my knowledge.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650