Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for a software player that supports "Sub-Track Index" (Read 4244 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a software player that supports "Sub-Track Index"

Hi all,

I've spent weeks looking for a windows audio player software (or a foobar2000 component) that can at least display sub-track indexes while playing either from a CUE sheet or/and directly an Audio-CD. Even better: a audio player or component that allows to jump to these sub-track indexes. But I still haven't found 

I need such audio player features because lots of my CD have indexes: I would like to listen to them on my computer (playing either the original CD or its ripped image with cue file) and to have the indexes deisplayed (like on "old" physical CD players)... 

FYI a CUE-sheet with multiple sub-track indexes (INDEX 02, INDEX 03, ...) looks like this:
Code: [Select]
FILE "myCD.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "A good song"
    PERFORMER "Someone"
        INDEX 01 00:00:00
        INDEX 02 00:22:39
        INDEX 03 01:39:20
        INDEX 04 03:49:40
        INDEX 05 04:35:08
        INDEX 06 05:08:38
        INDEX 07 06:31:50
        INDEX 08 07:10:05
        INDEX 09 07:39:13
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Another song"
    PERFORMER "Someone"
        INDEX 00 08:06:57
        INDEX 01 08:08:27
        INDEX 02 09:52:52

I know that similar questions have been posted in the past without "expected good results" but maybe new software that support these features appeared since that time... at least that's what i hope 

Thanks in advance! 

Reply #1
This tool isn't exactly what you're looking for but might be useful if no better solution is found.
korth

Reply #2
Instead of using CUE sheets for the whole CD you could use CUE sheets/chapters for the single tracks. This of course means that you need to rip to multiple files.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #3
Thank you for your tips

Well I would like
1) to keep whole (gapless) CD images with their corresponding CUE sheet
2) not to alter cue sheets and/or audio files in order to keep my CD rips "accurate" (when checking with AccurateRip, CUETools, etc) :  I like to have my rips to be "perfect" images ( true to my original CDs)

So I'd just need a feature that "parses" for sub-track indexes (CD and/or CUE) without having to "corrupt" my ripped files 

Reply #4
You can create a new cuesheet for playback and leave old files intact

Reply #5
Is there a way to introduce/include this "subtrack index" in the built-in "CD Audio Decoder" component (foo_cdda)? Or to add this feature in another new component while still using foo_cdda?