Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Incorrect tags... on Android (Read 3318 times) previous topic - next topic

Incorrect tags... on Android

Hi,

This is not a question about Android. I'd just like to know if there could be MP3 tags invisible to MP3Tag and foobar2000 in my audio files. These two programs see my files tagged correctly but when I copy them to my Android device, some apps there display the artist's name with a "The" prefix. "Chromatics" in foobar2000 becomes "The Chromatics" in most Android apps. I've wiped ID3v1 and APE tags using foobar2000, there should be only ID3v2 left. Could there be other, more exotic, tag types in my files? Here's a sample file: http://dl.free.fr/rDL1YytgZ

Thanks.

Reply #1
I don't know how to use that download link, but there are various possibilities.  The tags could contain "The" and your formatting in foobar simply strips it.  The tags may not contain "the" but the software is adding it via some kind of database look up or MTP metadata. 

Take a look at the file and see what the tags actually contain.

Reply #2
Here's the file mirrored on Google Drive. I don't see anything special in it.

Reply #3
I don't know how to use that download link, but there are various possibilities.  The tags could contain "The" and your formatting in foobar simply strips it.  The tags may not contain "the" but the software is adding it via some kind of database look up or MTP metadata. 

Take a look at the file and see what the tags actually contain.

The files weren't transferred using MTP. The tags don't contain "The"; I've checked the files' properties using foobar2000 and MP3Tag. Either there are some obscure tags left in the files or Android is indeed reading some kind of database instead of the files.