Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help Clean Accurate Rip Exact Audio Copy (Read 5974 times) previous topic - next topic

Help Clean Accurate Rip Exact Audio Copy

Hi, here I installed Exact Audio Copy on my PC, and uninstalled, but with time I decided to reinstall but I have not got the message to configure the drive (drive offset) so I would like to know how clean everything, registry and files, to properly reinstall Exact Audio Copy

thank you

Reply #1
uninstall then open regedit. browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and delete the entry for AWSoftware

Reply #2
Or use Ccleaner after the uninstall...
Vipervick

Reply #3
AccurateRip - HDD delete:
C:\Users\%yourUsername%\AppData\Roaming\AccurateRip\

AccurateRip - Registry delete:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\

Greetings, ...

Reply #4
Or use Ccleaner after the uninstall...

Ignoring the incorrect implication that blowing away the EAC registry key solves the problem, I wonder if ccleaner works.

Reply #5
Ignoring the incorrect implication that blowing away the EAC registry key solves the problem, I wonder if ccleaner works.

I've been using Ccleaner for a couple of years now. Handy little gadget. I try to stay up to date on www.maximumpc.com. Surfing the internet is how I mitigate boredom at work...
Vipervick

Reply #6
I use it too, but that doesn't address the specific question as to whether it removes the AR offset after you uninstall EAC.  I'm betting that it doesn't, but this should be verified.

So, have you tried it?  I have not.

Make sure you read Surfi's post for details as he gave a correct solution.  I know this as a verifiable fact.

Reply #7
AccurateRip - HDD delete:
C:\Users\%yourUsername%\AppData\Roaming\AccurateRip\

AccurateRip - Registry delete:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\

Greetings, ...

Good info, just had to do this on my laptop. Drive wasn't functioning properly and I was getting sync errors on brand new cd's. Redoing the offset helped. Thank you!
Vipervick

Reply #8
Provided you don't have EAC configured to instruct your drive to over-read in an area where it is not capable of over-reading, the AR offset will not cause sync errors.