Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Kameleon by Br3tt (Read 316473 times) previous topic - next topic

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #1
It’s called Kameleon because it can change into anything you want it to be. It’ll take you a while to find all the features but the beauty is you can turn things on or off to suit your style 

This really has taken a phenomenal amount of coding and checking by Br3tt and it is just magnificent… Br3tt you can be very, very proud of this one and I’ve enjoyed every minute of testing it too

Kameleon, enjoy...

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #2
Looks sexy

Thanks for the hard work boys.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #3
Thanx.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #4
ingenious

thanx

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #5
Is it possible that the config eats up a lot of CPU cycles? It's taking like 70-80% of the CPU cycles on my C2D E6600.

Edit: Sorry it's more like 50-60%. The rest is used by other processes.

Edit2: I think I might have fixed it although I'm not sure exactly how I did it

Edit3: Are there any Vista compatible compilations of foo_trackinfo and foo_skip? Because I get warnings every time I open foobar.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #6
Is it possible that the config eats up a lot of CPU cycles? It's taking like 70-80% of the CPU cycles on my C2D E6600.

Edit3: Are there any Vista compatible compilations of foo_trackinfo and foo_skip? Because I get warnings every time I open foobar.

for me (intel E6850) CPU is between 0 and 2%, your initial problem is certainly due to another application.

afaik trackinfo_Mod (and not trackinfo which is not used in this config) and foo_skip are compatible with Vista too, btw i use XP SP3. Do you use the components from my site??

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #7

1.  Uses AVS from Winamp installation folder, if you have it. It eat low CPU

2. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

3. Sorry for my bad English

PS Falstaff, its the best foobar config i've ever see:)

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #8
Yea I got the package and copied those.

And those other applications would be hogging the CPU through the foobar process? Wouldn't the taskmanager associate those cycles with the process causing them?

Ok I solved the trackinfo problem. The ddl was there but unused so I removed that one. But the foo_skip.dll from the package is still not loading.

Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_skip.dll
Reason: This component is not compatible with this version of Windows and needs to be recompiled with a newer version of the foobar2000 SDK; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #9
Falstaff, awesome work. Thanks!

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #11
Thanks AlStorm. That one did work for me

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #12
Falstaff, add this foo_skip.dll in your config, its last version of plugin

And thanks for great config again:)

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #13
Little bag:( It become(it makes? - sorry for my english) then I set variables  kameleon_artistart_path and kameleon_artistart_filename in Preferences > Tools > Extended Variables

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #14
Could some one explain the syntax for

kameleon_coverart_path = music folder
kameleon_artistart_path = music folder
kameleon_coverart_filename = folder.jpg
kameleon_artistart_filname = artist.jpg (and not %artist%.jpg !)
kameleon_default_width = 864
kameleon_default_height = 630
kameleon_playcount_max = 100
kameleon_left_panel_width = 320
kameleon_disable_filetype_info = 0
kameleon_cycle_bg = 1

if these are defaults there not working as they should as this would suggest the cover art is in the same place as the music.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #15
Oh, awesome! Thanks for this new skin!

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #16
Incredible skin, Br3tt! You kick ass. However, I have a few questions:

-Which .png do you have assigned to the "Cover is loading" Image on the Chronflow plugin? Is it the one labeled nocover.png which I assumed must be used in the "No Cover Image" field?

-Why can't the optional left panel be made thinner than 320 pixels?

-Is there a way to resize the height of the window that pops up when one clicks "chronflow" or the playlist viewer? I'd like Kameleon to default to the playlist viewer, but I do not need the window to be as big.

-Is there a way to force the Kameleon background to NOT show album art in the background, like in Curacao? Edit: I figured this one out: Force Wallpaper > Do Not "hide panel on startup."

-The background cycler variable does not do anything for me. It always displays  the default wallpaper wp1.jpg (not the other ones, like the grey one, the blue one, etc.)

I'd appreciate your input.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #17
This skin is so complete! Keep up the good work

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #18
Thank you, great skin!  Much improved over Curacao, great additions.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #19

That initial big CPU hit is Chronflow loading the cover art images into memory, my CPU initially runs 70+% but will drop down to 10% when everything is loaded and running, Kameleon is very well optimized. Tweaking the Chronflow settings can help but unfortunately it's a resource hog. But pretty

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #20
Here a bug!

My config:

It's OK if I set: kameleon_artistart_filename: artist.jpg

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #21
And I think U should change position of 2 buttons in this picture:

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #22
Here a bug!

My config:

It's OK if I set: kameleon_artistart_filename: artist.jpg

Hmmm... you show me the Cover pic bug and talk about artistart filename ???!!

so the problem is about covers :

kameleon_coverart_path      : default (=music folder) / specified path (i.e: C:/covers/) (be careful, specified path must close with a '/')
kameleon_coverart_filename   : i.e: folder.jpg / folder.* / %album%.jpg / etc ...

if nothing setted in Foo_exvar, it search for folder.jpg images in the music folder, is it your case ? does it happen with all covers CD or only some of them ?

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #24
Holy mudkipz, that's a really sweet piece of art. Thanks for sharing, mate.