Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #9] Splitting of ape files into mp3 (Read 1728 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #9] Splitting of ape files into mp3

Please advise how I can split an ape folder which consisted of several ape files into individual mp3 files?  Thanks!

Reply #1
I don't understand what do you want to split... Folder into sever subfolders? Long file into shorter? Or maybe you want to just transcode several ape files to mp3?

Reply #2
Let me guess. Probably infringing copyright, you've downloaded some lossless CD rips from some unauthorized distributor. These rips happen to be in folders, one per disc, with a .ape file for the entire disc's audio and a .cue file for the track boundaries and other info. And since this isn't in your preferred format of one tagged .mp3 file per track, you want to know how to get it into that format.

Am I in the ballpark, here? If so, then I suggest you have a look at CUETools, a multipurpose tool for doing things with CD rips. You will want to point it to a .cue file, then choose the encode action and tell it what output format you want (e.g. separate tracks, MP3).

Reply #3
That is an audio folder of English Oldies of the sixties which are selected from album and download from Forum. They are packed and decompressed for easy download. But after unrar, the files are packed in a bundle and that's I would like to seek help to decompose those ape files into individual mp3 files.