Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Turning crossfade on/off based on MP3 TAGs and adjusting volume (Read 3623 times) previous topic - next topic

Turning crossfade on/off based on MP3 TAGs and adjusting volume

Hello,

I want to be able to adjust the volume of the songs and turn cross fade on/off based on the song's tag data.
I managed to do the crossfade thingy using Continuator and then I just disabled/enabled it based on the tag by executing the appropriate menu command when a new song is loaded.
The problem is Continuator is crashing foobar every now and then and is not really stable.

I want other suggestions on how to do this. I tried using the DSP changer plugin + the built-in crossfader plugin but it doesn't seem to work at all.
Regarding the volume, I got that working by adjusting the global slider of foobar. However, I wish to leave the slider unmodified, yet still modify the played song volume. Is this possible at all?

Thanks for any clues!

Reply #1
Gapless crossfader (foo_dsp_crossfader) has titleformatting support.

Reply #2
Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem with the titleformatting support is that I can only make the fader to stop the crossfading between the *current* song and the *next* song. I can't stop it from crossfading the *previous* song with the *current* song.
THat's it - the fading only stops when a song with a certain tag is loaded - but it doesn't prevent the previous song from fading out.

What I did with continuator is I watched both the current song and the next song's tags. If the next song's tag specify I don't want crossfade, I disable it right away for the current playing song, regardless of its tag. I reenable it again when the current and next song both need corssfade.

I would have used the same way iwth the gapless crossfader, but it doesn't have a "Disable" command, only "Enable". Unfortunately I cannot find a way to check or uncheck the "Enable" menu command state through code. Certainly running mainmenu_commands::g_execute diosn't do the trick.

Any suggestions?