Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: i\'m still alive ;o) (Read 3540 times) previous topic - next topic

i\'m still alive ;o)

hi,

i'm sorry that were only few news in the last weeks/months. but -- as some of you know -- i started to work and moved to another town. so, lots to do here...
nevertheless i've got my PC and all the sources here in Waldbronn (cute little town near Karlsruhe) now. my only problem is, that i do not have internet-access from home or ftp-access from my office. for this reason i cannot update my homepage or give out newer sources myself :/

but of course there are some news:

the new name will be ".mpc musepack", the site "www.musepack.de" is under construction and will be hopefully be finished in december. currently there is nothing but a nice picture on this site

i've implemented "id3v2-ignoring" (hehe, sounds like a big feature). so, the newer plugins will be able to play and seek id3v2-tagged files. but the plugin cannot show nor edit these tags...

i'm sharing the encoder-source with two other guys for the sake of optimization and development (especially sv8).

buschel

i\'m still alive ;o)

Reply #1
Hello Mr. Buschel,

glad to see that you are indeed still alive.

Musepack - I can get used to that. In fact, I like it. It's not as technical-mumbo-jumboish as many of the names out there. And besides, I can still call it MPC when I feel the need to abbreviate.  And that website looks very nice indeed.

Good to hear also that you are back in business so to speak, and that the development of MPC is still going on in some fashion. I use it on a daily basis and am so happy that I decided not to stick with .mp3. Oh, and I'm ready to pay for it, so let us in on how the practical-economical future of Musepack looks.

Also, I can't help asking: is it indeed so that Harman/Kardon has shown interest in the technology? What can we do as a community to help Musepack get incorporated into future hardware/software solutions?

Regards,

Uosdwis

i\'m still alive ;o)

Reply #2
Ah.. Buschel! Nice to see you around these parts

I'm very excited to continue to see MPC develop more.. I can't wait for SV8

Buschel, have you taken a look at the Winamp3 plugin based on Frank's decoder which is available? It's listed on the front page here in the news section.  Any chance that can be put into the development cycle now?  And I take it that in the future Frank's decoder is going to be the default one from now on (I hope it is at least )?

I'm also interested in these Harman/Kardon rumours that keep popping up...  Any comments?