Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: bit compare 2 audio files - help me please! (Read 3316 times) previous topic - next topic

bit compare 2 audio files - help me please!

Hello I would like to do a bit-compare of 2 audio files in hi-res and the foobar bit comparator doesn't give me enough information.

Does anyone knows a more complete pluggin or software for windows?

I used to use the EAC wav comparator which is very good unfortunately it can only compare 16bit-44.1K.

In EAC sometimes I would get slightly different files sizes when ripping on different drives so the comparator would say that all samples are the same except a few at the end.

The bit-comparator in foobar doesn't seems to tell if samples are identical when there is a slight length mismatch.

The problem I am facing is I am trying to make 1:1 audio rip of DVDA ISOs using [TOS #9 violation removed] and the I load the ISO in foobar thru the "DVD-Audio-Decoder" pluggin and bit-compare track to make sure my rips are 1:1.

Many files are identical but some have some lenght mismatch so I would like to know if it is something to be worried about.

On another note, does peoples in general feel that the stand alone [removed] software make 1:1 extract or is there a better alternative?

Thank you.

So in other words what I am looking for is:

1- a more complete bit-comparator ( like EAC but one that support 24bit )

2- the best 1:1 DVDA extractor

bit compare 2 audio files - help me please!

Reply #2
Any audio editor that has the facility to mix tracks can be used. One track is inverted and mixed with the other. Everything that is identical ends up as digital zero. If there is nothing left except a few samples at the end, you should have your answer.

This method does not account for any mis-matching if there are extra samples at the beginning. Being even one sample off at the beginning will throw the entire mix off, probably drastically, making the mix look like the two tracks are totally different. This is generally handled easily enough if the editor can zoom into the sample level. You can then see where you need to start the compare (where to start mixing what).