Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CueTools 2.1.4 Error (Read 6950 times) previous topic - next topic

CueTools 2.1.4 Error

Hi,

I have just installed CueTools 2.1.4 however I'm now receiving an error message when trying to use it. The older version (2.1.2) worked fine earlier today.

The error reads: Exception: Unsupported audio type J:\Lossless\Kitaro\1993 Heaven & Earth\Kitaro - Heaven & Earth.ape

I am using CueTools to split and convert ape files in to separate FLAC tracks. As I mentioned previously, this process was working fine earlier today so I'm unsure if I've got the new one setup correctly.

Is there anybody who could assist me with this situation ?

Cheers
James

EDIT: Action - Encode (default), Mode - Tracks, Audio Output - Lossless, flake encoder.

CueTools 2.1.4 Error

Reply #1
There is no installation, you just unpack and open (execute) CUETools.exe. 2.1.4 should use the same %appdata%\CUE Tools\settings.txt unless you were running 2.1.2 as a portable application and unpacked 2.1.4 to a different folder. If that's the case you just copy the CUE Tools folder from 2.1.2 over to 2.1.4 and delete user_profiles_enabled from 2.1.4 (while CUETools is NOT running) to preserve your settings.

This exception happens with this image only or with all ape images including the ones you split earlier using 2.1.2?
Is this ape file 16/44.1? CUETools won't accept anything else for input.
korth

CueTools 2.1.4 Error

Reply #2
Hi korth,

2.1.2 was running on my desktop PC. I deleted this version before downloading and unpacking 2.1.4. Would that cause an issue ?

The ape files are 16bit/44.1kHz.

Cheers
James

CueTools 2.1.4 Error

Reply #3
Would that cause an issue ?
Shouldn't.
The ape files are 16bit/44.1kHz.
Oops, that's a different Exception message.

Did the plugins folder(s) extract OK?
In Advanced Settings on the Formats tab, does MAC_SDK display as the decoder when you click on ape?
korth

CueTools 2.1.4 Error

Reply #4
There is no decoder or encoder selectable for ape, wv or tta.

CueTools 2.1.4 Error

Reply #5
This is similar to this reported problem [[a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=837776']link[/a]] [[a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=840416']link[/a]]. Please read the replies several posts beyond the two links.
I can duplicate the issue by removing the required dll files from the appropriate plugins folder (I'm running win7x64 so I removed them from the plugins (x64) folder). If your plugins folders were extracted complete and without corruption, I don't have another answer. Sorry.
I've contacted the developer and we'll see if he has anything new on this.
korth

CueTools 2.1.4 Error

Reply #6
After reading some of the linked posts, I've now deleted CueTools and downloaded a fresh copy.

All of the encoders are now in the correct folders and they appear in the encoders tab however, I'm still experiencing the same error message when attempting to split.

CueTools 2.1.4 Error

Reply #7
**** BUMP ****

I'm still receiving the same error message when attempting to split cue files.

Can anyone help ?

CueTools 2.1.4 Error

Reply #8
**** BUMP ****

I'm still receiving the same error message when attempting to split cue files.

Can anyone help ?

You could try Foobar2000 as an alternative. Yesterday and today I've converted several cue FLAC albums to individual FLAC files. And accepts a broader range of bit rate and sample rate if you are on need of them in the future.

Just to mention I've got zero experience of CUETools I only use CUERipper.

EDIT:  I've converted a FLAC cue album to single file album APE and converted back to single file FLAC files with 2.1.4. Conversion went ok no errors.