Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: best cd burning program? (Read 8560 times) previous topic - next topic

best cd burning program?

Hi Guys.

Ive found these forums very helpful. Ive found the best ripping programs, tagging files program + more.

Now i would to know, what is the best, MOST reliable burning program?

i have nero 9 as its the default program on my computer. But i want to know what is the industry standard ?

thanks

best cd burning program?

Reply #1
For me it's ImgBurn

best cd burning program?

Reply #2
Once you have familiarised with its workflow, ImgBurn is a very reliable and versatile tool.

Greetings
D.

best cd burning program?

Reply #3
ImgBurn is good but I mostly use and suggest Burnaware Free.

best cd burning program?

Reply #4
ImgBurn is a great program, but it's oriented toward working with image files. BurnAware is also highly recommended, but really there's nothing wrong with Nero 9.

best cd burning program?

Reply #5
MOST reliable

industry standard

Please realize that you are likely not going to get any reliable information form the members in this forum regarding the properties you're requesting that I quoted above.

best cd burning program?

Reply #6
I currently use XLD for burning CDDA and Burn for authoring DVD-As.

What's "best" is subjective. What works for you would be dependent on your chosen platform. When I was using Windows I always burned CDDA discs with EAC and ImgBurn. EAC was a bit involved but, once I figured it all out, it was "reliable" in the sense that I could count on it to make a bit-identical backup of a CD with the correct offset.
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

best cd burning program?

Reply #7
i used to think every burning program was the same, until i realized a few times when i would burn an audio cd that had the audio in tracks, that nero was cutting off some of the audio at the end.

i would have to resort to use windows media player!

hence thats why i was asking is there something more reliable or may be more extensive used by audio enthusiasts ??

im looking at nero 12 or image burn? its just for audio cd creation. But i plan to sell these in retail shops so gotta make sure i get it right from the onset

thanks for all the replies so far.

best cd burning program?

Reply #10
also do these programs keep all the tags with the file...? eg. Author, title, track, album info etc.. so when it plays in a car it shows up?

best cd burning program?

Reply #11
Yes, most CD writing programs these days support CD-Text; it's just a matter of making sure you know how to use that support.

I just use InfraRecorder. Yes, it has some limitations compared to other burners, esp. lack of Blu-Ray support and support for some kinds of disc filesystems, but for burning CDs I think it's just fine.

If you're selling discs at retail you probably should be using a CD duplication service rather than trying to burn and print things yourself. It can take a ton of effort to get professional-looking disc printing, jackets/case inserts/whatever, and feeding that many discs through a burner manually is a time sink. You can find places that will give you full-color disc printing and professional looking packaging&inserts for ~$2/disc on runs of just 50 discs, with prices dropping to ~$1/disc with higher quantity.

Some places might require an ISO, in which case you'll still need to use a burning program on your own, but many places won't. (It's not really any hair off their backs to produce the image from your files.) So I'd worry about the duplication service before worrying about a burning program.

best cd burning program?

Reply #13
ofc. s/ISO/bin+cue/ .

best cd burning program?

Reply #14
yeah i will be using a company for bruning and printing BUT i need to provide the master discs.

this is what i wanna get right.

Have we heard anything about Nero 12?

or are all these programs much of a muchness ?

at the moment it looks like its either imgburn - (free) or nero 12 (cost $50)

do both support the tagging on the files ? (author, album, genre etc.. /)

best cd burning program?

Reply #15
h2de5 you will ask forever if you never try them. They are all good, try the free ones first: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-...Selection_Guide

My suggestion for a free one goes to BurnAware (Nero like) or ImgBurn (more for image burning).

If I really need to get a shareware one I would go for Nero 12 but really BurnAware is more than complete.

best cd burning program?

Reply #16
thanks for the advice.

sorry for my ignornace, but what do u mean for "image burning"

?

best cd burning program?

Reply #18
one last question before closing thread.

When i am burning an audio cd.. should i not perform any other task on my computer? i.e. just burn the cd without opening and using any other programs?

i was taught this back in the late 90s. Not sure if this is still recommended to prevent skipping in audio?? or its just a myth?

thanks

best cd burning program?

Reply #19
That would only be a potential problem if your computer was very slow, or you were running fairly large amounts of other processing on a relatively modern system. Doing something like browsing the internet or listening to music simultaneously should not create a problem at all.

best cd burning program?

Reply #20
I compile kernels and burn cd's at the same time with no issues.. Have done so for a decade now..

Also, I use K3B to burn cd's.. no complaints.

best cd burning program?

Reply #21
Nowadays multi-core CPUs are commonplace, so for processing, only one core is required to burn audio CDs.

Heavy disk access is likely to be the main danger, and even that needn't be too awkward if the 700 or 800 MB of data is stored in RAM, which nowadays is often 2GB even on fairly low-end machines (though some are still 1GB).

I've done maybe 20 to 30 audio CDs (mainly via fb2k's foo_burninate onto Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs) and a few DVDs also on my 2011 laptop with Turion Dual Core and 4GB memory and rarely stopped using my PC. I've not had a single failed burn, despite even accessing MPEG-2 (DVB-T) video from my disk yesterday before I realised that the re-Encoding of my videos to fit on DVD had finally completed and the Burning was nearly complete.

My system had even become somewhat corrupted and slowed down earlier this year (I've just clean-reinstalled Windows 7 within the last month) and still behaved itself when burning audio CDs.

(BTW, if you want to check your results, you could re-rip in EAC, in Burst Mode say, and check the CRCs against the ISO image)
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD

best cd burning program?

Reply #22
In some ways the weak links in this process are the analog ones- your drive, your disc, and their drive- not the software or your CPU.

It's probably just fine- modern drives and media usually result in discs that show rather low numbers of C1 errors and often zero C2 errors, and it takes at least three consecutive C2 errors to give an error in the extracted audio. But if you're looking for ways to be extra careful, before sending them a burned disc you might double-check with them about whether you can give them a master as an image file of some kind (bin+cue or DDP) instead and thus skip those analog stages. There are also simple ways to try to verify the quality of your burned disc or find out more about the overall burning quality of your drive and media.