Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Conversion of folders/subfolders with dBpoweramp (Read 9221 times) previous topic - next topic

Conversion of folders/subfolders with dBpoweramp

dBpoweramp Batch Convert doesn't maintain the folders and subfolders rule/path when a music folder is converted. Is there a way to fix/integrate this in the new 14.3 coming version?

Sometimes I convert multiple FLAC folders to AAC for the iPhone and with dBpoweramp I have to go and wait each folder but with Easy CD-DA Extractor I can just add all of them in the first page and it will make all the converted folders automatically like they were originally.

This is the only option dBpoweramp doesn't have and also the only one that keeps Easy CD-DA Extractor installed.

The dBpoweramp right click doesn't integrate with Windows Explorer properly, it shows on the Recycle Bin and other system folders as well, the other software doesn't.

Thanks.

Reply #1
dBpoweramp Batch Convert doesn't maintain the folders and subfolders rule/path when a music folder is converted.

sure it does. I can do virtually anything with regard to where I want folders and subfolders to end up with dbpa and its dynamic naming function.

The dBpoweramp right click doesn't integrate with Windows Explorer properly

does this fine for me.  Maybe you should ask at the dbpa forums for help on these items, because they do in fact work.

Reply #2
Set dynamic naming to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

to preserve path and filename (noting you can set a new root path or drive to have the new files go somewhere else, even though preserving the filenames + path)

Reply #3
Set dynamic naming to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

to preserve path and filename (noting you can set a new root path or drive to have the new files go somewhere else, even though preserving the filenames + path)

Thanks I think I'm almost there, only one problem. I can't remove the folders between D:\ and the folder I want to convert.

For example: D:\Music\ToDo\PinkFloyd\Album01 and Album02 if I insert [origpath]\[origfilename] and tell dBpoweramp to convert in D:\Music\ToDo\PFtest it will create \Music\ToDo\PinkFloyd even inside PFtest and if I add [trimfirstfolder] it removes only \Music\.

Is there a way to encode the files only on \PFtest\Album01 and Album02 like Easy CD-DA Extractor does?

Thanks.

*[artist]\[year] [album]\[origfilename] this is perfect for me for now. Easy CD-DA Extractor uninstalled.

Thanks again.

Reply #5
does this fine for me.  Maybe you should ask at the dbpa forums for help on these items, because they do in fact work.

Of course it does, almost always:
"...it shows on the Recycle Bin and other system folders as well, other software don't."

I will ask on dBpoweramp forum.

if I add [trimfirstfolder] it removes only \Music\.

And if you add another [trimfirstfolder]? (Or is the problem that you have different number of levels?)

Sorry I found a way, please refresh the page.

Yes btw, [trimfirstfolder] removed only Music\ (in this case the first one).

Reply #6
[trimfirstfolder][trimfirstfolder]xxxxx[][]

Where xxx is the existing naming string

Reply #7
Thank you spoon, also this one "[artist]\[year] - [album]\[origfilename] worked flawlessly".

The problem was that I had no idea I could change that Dynamic Location option.

Reply #8
[artist]\[year] - [album]\Disc [disc]\[origfilename]

This is what I ended up using on dBpoweramp.

%album artist%/[%date% - ]%album%/[%discnumber%.]/%tracknumber%. %title%

This is the one I use on foobar2000.

They work perfectly.

Reply #9
I've had the same problem with naming. Using information from the tags themselves doesn't work for me because the tag information doesn't necessarily correspond to the correct folder/filename for the file. For example, the file structure I am using (and want to preserve) for my original FLAC files uses the album name as the lowest level of the folder hierarchy and the artist name is the second lowest level. The individual track filenames just contain the track number and the name of the track. In most cases the tag information in each file for ARTIST and ALBUM are the same as the folder names, but in some cases the ARTIST lists multiple artists for that track separated by ";", which of course stuffs up the folder naming. If the tag ALBUM ARTIST accurately reflected the name of the single artist for the album, I could use that, but in most cases ALBUM ARTIST is blank and it would be a huge job to make it correct for all of my music. The other problem that I have is that multi-disc albums have an extra layer in the folder hierarchy for the disk number (e.g. ELTON JOHN/GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD/DISK 1/Candle in the Wind.flac). The solution was to use multiple TRIMFOLDER commands.