Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Otachan's in_!mpg123 (Read 215392 times) previous topic - next topic

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #200
can someone post a link to a zip file of this plugin? I dont want to install the 7z program just for this

I am not sure if that is allowed. However, you can use Jared's excellent utility called Universal Extractor for unpacking the 7z file. There is a binary archive available for people who do not want to install it:
http://www.c1pher.com/uniextract121_noinst.rar

By the way, Jared (nitro322) is a member of HA and he has written another utility called AutoFLAC. His website is:
http://www.legroom.net/index.php

Hope this helps
audiomars
Reason is immortal, all else mortal
- Pythagoras

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #201
ot109.2 released
  • Option to switch tags from which plugin read replaygain info
  • Reading LAME tag replaygain info is disabled by default

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #202
I get this terrible noise when playing about 40% of any files I've encoded. This are files made with LAME 3.98a3 - a6 (-V0 new). I haven't tested earlier files, but this is present on about 40% of the songs on any album I've encoded so far. The files play fine in regular winamp and in Foobar. The Winamp frequency diagram shows almost full volume on all the frequencies and the noise is unbearably loud. Just updated from ot108 to ot109.2 and the problem is still as bad.

Any ideas why this happens?

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #203
is there any sense (sound quality improvement) in activating 24bit output on 16bit MP3s in the plugin?
My ESI Juli@ supports 24bit natively.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #204
Makes <i>some</i> sense, but not much. Not much improvement possible.

---

But that doesn't have anything to do with MP3 files being 16bit; they aren't, even if they were made from 16bit files.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #205
ok i'll leave it enabled then 

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #206
in_!mpg123_118ot110.3.7z Ver. 1.18y ot110.3 beta for WINAMP Ver. 5.25 or higher (330KB) (2006/8/14)

Ver. 1.18y ot110.3 beta
.It corresponds to the file name and the tag of Unicode.
.WINAMP Ver. 5.25 or more is necessary.
.It doesn't operate in Windows Me/98/95.
.The file name and the tag of Unicode cannot be treated with present mp3infp Ver. 2.53a.
It's My Life,
It's Now Or Never,
I Ain't Gonna Live Forever,
I Just Want To Live While I'm Alive.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #208
google translate to the rescue!

Code: [Select]
in_!mpg123_118ot110.5.7z Ver. 1.18y ot110.5 beta
    *  It corresponded to WINAMP5. (Thanks to T-Matsuo)
    * It corresponded to MP1 and MP2.
    * It corresponded to ID3v2 and the APE tag.
    * It tried to be able to indicate ID3v2 and APE tag individual information in title.
    * It tried to consider the thing of 2 byte letter in title indication.
    * It abolished the built-in tag editor and (the [o] [i]), tried to call mp3infp of T-Matsuo compilation.
       When we would like to compile the tag, it is necessary to install mp3infp.
    * It tried to be able to output with Int24, Int32, Float32 and Float64.
    * It tried to be able to output the data which is encoded with LAME at the number of accurate samples. (The gap being less, it tried to be able to perform.)
    * It corresponded to [ripureigein].
    * Streaming performance function was improved.
    * The mpg123 library was replaced to pre0.59s. (The trouble of intensity-stereo correction it is completed.)
    * Trouble of the mpg123 library which cannot decode the data of MPEG2.5/8kHz normally was corrected.
       (Thanks to Northern Verse)

Ok so it wasn't really a rescue, more of a mangling of words.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #209
Point releases are bug-fix releases with no changelog entires of their own.

ex) When 104.4 came out I just edited my post to mention 104.4 instead of 104.3, etc. etc.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #211
Ver. 1.18y ot112.1 is the latest.

change log
ot112.1 (061026)
(No reference to this release)
ot112 (060930)
Fixed:Amplified incorrectly by both Winamp's and in_!mpg123's preamp when there is no replaygain info in file.
ot111 (060929)
Fixed:Winamp's built-in replaygain scanner didn't work with ot110.7.
ot110.7 (060928)
Unicode support for Winamp v5.3 or newer

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #212
Why isn't there any discussion of this? Is MAD now preferred for some reason?

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #213
Why isn't there any discussion of this? Is MAD now preferred for some reason?

I think the main reason for the missing discussion is the fact that this plugin's developer doesn't write in these forums, while MAD's developer is quite active in the MAD plugin's topic.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #214
Why isn't there any discussion of this?

This plugin has been developed for a long time (since 2002?),while in_mad is very new (since July 2006).

If you have some idea of new feature, please post it on this thread.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #215
This plugin dead? He hasn't updated it for about 6 months now.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #217
With Winamp v5, in_mpg123 seems to have been integrated into the Winamp distributions.  My version 5.32 installed with it. 

Section 1 of his URL http://otachan.com/in_!mpg123.html says:

柴田さんが作成、YunaSoftさんとmokaさんが改良したin_mpg123.dll(mpg123ベースのWINAMP5用MP3デコーダプラグイン)を改悪( ^^; )するものです。

Babelfish translates the second sentence in there as: It is something which is done.

Anyone know more about this?

TS
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #218
With Winamp v5, in_mpg123 seems to have been integrated into the Winamp distributions.

No, it's not. The last Winamp versions come with "Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder 4.05".
However, if you've already installed it before, it will remains in the "plugins" directory and it will be recognized by the next versions of Winamp.

~

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #219
No, it's not. The last Winamp versions come with "Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder 4.05". 
However, if you've already installed it before, it will remains in the "plugins" directory and it will be recognized by the next versions of Winamp.

Indeed... my mistake.

TS
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #220
Which plugin has the best quality for mp3 playing?
-Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder 4.05
-MAD plugin
or
-in_!mpg123

Which one should I use? I use Winamp 5.34
Thanks!

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #221
Which plugin has the best quality for mp3 playing?
-Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder 4.05
-MAD plugin
or
-in_!mpg123

Which one should I use? I use Winamp 5.34
Thanks!

They should all provide a roughly similar result. The default one in Winamp now allows gapless playback based on the Lame tag and 24 bit playback.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #223
With Winamp v5, in_mpg123 seems to have been integrated into the Winamp distributions.  My version 5.32 installed with it. 

Section 1 of his URL http://otachan.com/in_!mpg123.html says:

????????YunaSoft???moka???????in_mpg123.dll(mpg123????WINAMP5?MP3?????????)???( ^^; )???????

Babelfish translates the second sentence in there as: It is something which is done.

Anyone know more about this?

TS

Mr. Shibata makes, and in_mpg123.dll (MP3 decoder plug-in for WINAMP5 of the mpg123 base) that Mr. YunaSoft and Mr. moka improved is deteriorated (^^ It is the one.

Rough translation but basically both variants of the plugin (the original by Shibata) and an improved one by YunaSoft and Mr. Moka are dead. Nothing about Otachan though

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #224
His computer went dead, and he's having other problems (with Vista? I don't remember) but he plans to get back, according to his forums.

I haven't checked his forums for a long time so I'm not sure if this is up-to-date info, though.