Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.4 (Read 24044 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #25
Most probably "foo_dsp_atsurround.dll" is causing it.

Yep,  Confirmed with my setup that v0.1.6 of foo_dsp_atsurround causes fb2k v0.9.4 to remain running after exiting the program.  v0.1.5 of atsurround works OK.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #26
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I can't find how to edit tags.

In 0.9.1 I would right click on a selection and do "Tagging > Edit Tags", which would bring up the prompt where I could "Add Value" -> "Artist", etc...but that's not on there now? How do I edit tags?

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #27
Right click on a selection and select "Properties" from the popup.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #28
Right click on a selection and select "Properties" from the popup.

Oh, there it is. 

How can I do "Remove All Fields" or "Tag According To File Name"? I don't see such an option.

edit:

Nevermind, I see. They renamed it to "Manage Scripts".

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #29
where's "copy" button???
i can't find it

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #31
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I can't find how to edit tags.

In 0.9.1 I would right click on a selection and do "Tagging > Edit Tags", which would bring up the prompt where I could "Add Value" -> "Artist", etc...but that's not on there now? How do I edit tags?

Right Click > Tagging > Manage Scripts will get you to the Masstagger.

Personally I find "Manage Scripts" to be a little confussing, though I suppose "manage" is an acceptable catch-all for creating, editing, running, etc. masstagger scripts.  IMHO calling this "Edit Tags..." or "Masstagger Scripts..." would make more sense.

Also, this more of a general GUI suggestion/question, but shouldn't those context menu commands that open up a new dialog be followed by an ellipsis (...)?  No ellipsis would imply that the command is executed immediately.

For example:

Tagging > MP3 Tag Types... - brings up dialog, thus ellipsis is warranted.

Tagging > Remove Tag(s) From Files - this executes immediately, no ellipsis.

Convert > Convert to... - brings up converter dialog, thus ellipsis is warranted.

Convert > Convert to Single File - this SHOULD have an ellipsis, because it also brings you to the converter dialog / does not execute immediately.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #33
What do you mean when you say "can't use it"?

After you pressed it, you should be able to insert a list of components with Ctrl+V or right click - Insert into any edit field (text editor, here in the forums etc.).

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #34
Great, too bad the cuesheet parser still [a href='index.php?showtopic=42015']does not allow[/a] anything else besides WAVE, MP3 or AIFF in the FILE syntax. Had to hex-edit foo_input_std.dll a bit to ignore that part.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #35
4Front Headphones version 1.0c of foo_dsp_headphones.dll, causes foobar2000 v0.9.4 to remain running after exiting the program.
anyone can confirm that?.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #36
Great, too bad the cuesheet parser still [a href='index.php?showtopic=42015']does not allow[/a] anything else besides WAVE, MP3 or AIFF in the FILE syntax. Had to hex-edit foo_input_std.dll a bit to ignore that part.

And why was this necessary? The cue sheet processor doesn't care whether this field actually reflects what format the file is.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #37
"“ID3v2 Writer Compatibility Mode” with workarounds for common bugs in other software’s ID3v2 implementations"
I've seen that... you make me NOT want to use it.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #39
Excellent. I just left my computer running for the past 24 hours converting some 40,000 files to use ID3V2 compatibility mode, only to find that it's wiped out all my special tags. It'll take an awful long time to get those back. Is there anywhere I can read up on how exactly this compatibility mode actually works? I'd like to know just why it's caused me so much grief.

And before you say anything, yes, I need to use it. It's a collection shared on my house network, people access it with iTunes and WMP, which constantly screw up the tags of proper IDV2.4 tagged files.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #40
Apparently, all that the mode does is cause foobar2000 to follow the ID3 v2.3 standard when tagging, ignoring any non-standard fields, etc. Although this does not explain why your "special" tags are not just stored in TXXX frames.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #41
TXXX frames? Unfortunately I'm not too clued up on the ID3 standards myself, are you saying that the information may well still be there? Or are the TXXX frames how non-standard tags are usually stored, which foobar 0.9.4 now displays as <tagname> in the properties dialogue? If it's the latter, then yes, they're gone (foobar doesn't display them). If it's the former, I'd very much like to find out how to access them so I can hash up a quick program to recover them! If the response is going to be too long please send me a private message or request me to start a new topic, I'd hate to derail this one.

For now, I'm going back to 2.4, and forcing my housemates to use foobar, which they hate  I'll just have to spend a few weeks/months re-tagging my files I guess!

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #42
Have a look just under here.

In short, that isn't quite what TXXX frames are for, but you are very close; the frames are for fields that don't have their own four-letter frame name within the ID3v2 version in use. The usage is (simplified) "TXXX - name of field - text data".

As I have said, I do not understand why foobar2000's current ID3v2 implementation does not seem to support their use.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #43
I see, the spec has cleared up a lot for me! Thanks for the help.

May I recommend to the developers that you put some kind of warning or description of just what this compatibility mode will do to the users' tags? I'm quite annoyed that it wasn't explained anywhere (anywhere easily findable, at least). As it happens, I was able to recover a lot from the path and filenames, and from one of my friends who hasn't rescanned the library in a while who was able to rewrite the tags as ID3V2.4, but the situation could easily have been a lot worse.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #44
No problem.

The thing is, I don't see why these tags must be lost, as TXXX is clearly defined within ID3v2.3. foobar2000 uses it for 2.4, so hopefully it could be supported soon for 2.3 as well. Peter?

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #45
How can I copy files from playlist to some folder on my hard in Foobar 0.9.4 Full version.

I saw that option in Foobar 0.9.4 beta 3 (File operations --> Move, rename or copy files).

I can't find this option in new verion of Foobar.

Please help me.
:) DON'T WORRY!  BE HAPPY!  :)

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #46
that function should be in the context menu. If for whatever reason it isnt go to the context menu preferences and add it there
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #47
I found Context menu, but how can I Add this option?

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #48
actually before anything try reinatalling foobar and make sure you tick the masstagger tool under optional features. That should fix it
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

foobar2000 v0.9.4

Reply #49
TNX people. I found it!

I reinstall Foobar, and i chaged to full version. And now I have option: "File operations --> Move, rename or copy files"