Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: aac encoding & splitting (Read 7947 times) previous topic - next topic

aac encoding & splitting

hi all,
i have a few questions about aac.
firstly, how to encode aac from line-in (like LiveInCode0.94, which support only mp3,ogg,flac & speex) - i'm searching this forum and didn't got a clear answers - i want to record audio from FM-tuner directly to aac and minimize steps from FM->wav->aac to FM->aac
and secondly, how to split aac without recompression (like mp3directcut, looking for spectrum and using cue). for example, i want to split my 8 hr. live-record to single tracks.
thanks, encoder that i use is neroaac (q 0.42), extension is m4a

aac encoding & splitting

Reply #1
no one knows?

aac encoding & splitting

Reply #3
Whether exists Encoder (frontend) for iTunes AAC except an iTunes-player?? It is desirable, that the device took not enough place.

aac encoding & splitting

Reply #4
Me too... How to split AAC/MP4 without transcoding/re-encoding?

aac encoding & splitting

Reply #5
MP4Box

Edit:
Windows user: The latest version of MP3DirectCut (2.16 , released today) supports cutting of AAC ADTS streams.

aac encoding & splitting

Reply #6
I think ffmpeg will do this without transcoding, though I am not completely sure what happens precisely at the breakpoint. Try

ffmpeg -i infilename.m4a -ss 00:03:00 -t 00:02:00 -acodec copy outfilename.m4a

which will copy the two minutes from 3 minutes 0 seconds to 5 minutes 0 seconds.  The -i specifies the infile, the "-acodec copy" specifies that the output file should copy without transcoding the audio stream (audio has "acodec". There is also -vcodec for video and -scodec for subtitles ...)