Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Donation for Frank Klemm's new PC (Read 89006 times) previous topic - next topic

Donation for Frank Klemm's new PC

Reply #25
I'm still going to donate my soundcard, and once I get my paycheck I will donate some money as well.

Yes, hardware can also be donated, contact me for that. But remember that the hardware must be shipped to Germany. Depending on where you live, for some things this might become too expensive to justify the donation.

About the donation limit: I never expected this to proceed so well. If we should reach the limit soon and people still have the urge to donate, it can run a bit longer. There are several possibilities to upgrade the PC some more.

Reply #26
About the donation limit: I never expected this to proceed so well. If we should reach the limit soon and people still have the urge to donate, it can run a bit longer. There are several possibilities to upgrade the PC some more.

I don't know what the final amount will be, but in case it goes real high (>350 Euro unused?), may I suggest adding a TFT flat panel ?

It really is a pleasure to use, because all the text looks so much sharper. For a programmer this is becoming a must have IMHO. Plus without this, upgrading a computer is not a full upgrade 

Reply #27
Expect a series of pretty nice pictures about this day being published here from my side, so you will finally have the chance to see how your hero is looking like

Shame on you, Chris! Pictures only? MKV clips are the least you should offer! We want to see Frank faint at 25 FPS (at least)
And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the ***** of an alien

Reply #28
Donation made.

It only remains to be seen if Citay doesn't end up fleeing to Greece with all the money.  (j/k)

Reply #29

Reply #30
Donation made.

It only remains to be seen if Citay doesn't end up fleeing to Greece with all the money.   (j/k)

LOL

Where is the bloke ? Seems he was up late last night, so there is nobody to update his donation progress bar since a couple of hours  ....

Reply #31
If my wife would let me (not a chance  ) for programming two LCDs would help (not sure linux can have 2 screens like XP?), then the source and debugging is on one screen and program running on the other.

Off topic, but as lonf as you have one of the correct GFX cards, then, yes, Linux does support two Monitors, but only in X i think.

Kristian

Reply #32
Donation made.

It only remains to be seen if Citay doesn't end up fleeing to Greece with all the money.   (j/k)

Don't come now to Greece it is snowing... 
Dimitris

Reply #33
Done... Enjoy your new PC Frank!!!

-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #34
Where is the bloke ? Seems he was up late last night, so there is nobody to update his donation progress bar since a couple of hours  ....

Sorry sorry, the bloke is back... even Admins need sleep.  Anyway, major status update. We're at 67% now, keep it up!

Reply #35
But remember that the hardware must be shipped to Germany. Depending on where you live, for some things this might become too expensive to justify the donation.

Where exactly do you live in Germany, CiTay?

Reply #36
What happens if we don't reach the desired amount of money?

Reply #37

We can reuse a lot of parts from Frank's old PC then. Dont worry, even with the money we have right now, his new PC will become reality, even if the 'motivation kick ass factor' for him to do more with computers and less with his DVD player and TV would be smaller then  ....

Reply #38

I will donate again. There will probably be others who will do the same.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Reply #39
And don't forget that some people donate via bank transfer. Those donations can take a couple of days until they arrive, so we will get another little boost from that.

Reply #40
And don't forget that some people donate via bank transfer. Those donations can take a couple of days until they arrive, so we will get another little boost from that.

I personally got PMs from at least 3 people already having donated via bank transfer to CiTay directly, with about 80,- € together ( 50,- € alone from Tronic, the MCF inventor ) .....

Reply #41
I donated 30 € via bank transfer. I don't know how fast these things go, but it will probably take a few days.

Edit: I just checked the "help files" of my homebanking. It should take about three days . Maybe four. So it could be as late as friday.

Reply #42
If we don't reach our goal, I'll be willing to donate another $20 once I get paid (which will be at the end of the month).

Reply #43
Frank is gonna get a new PC la la la.... we are almost there and if that total don't have the bank transfers on there, then we are there already!!!

w00t... this is called appreciation for a man's work...

Thanks everyone for chipping in...

-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #44
The status bar layout has been updated, because we will probably go above the 1150 Euro goal that we initially set, once the bank donations come in. You can still donate. All extra money will be spent on upgrading the PC, there will be nothing going to waste here. Again, already a thank you to all donators, the donation process is nothing less than amazing. The next status update will be coming in a few hours.

Reply #45
for programming two LCDs would help (not sure linux can have 2 screens like XP?), then the source and debugging is on one screen and program running on the other.

You might want to read this:
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO.html

Basically, you can have as many video cards or cards with multiple outputs and screens with different sizes and have a very amorphous desktop (i recall an example of having a non rectangular wall of monitors with a hole)

So yes, it is XP that is just "catching on" (but then i have seen video drivers in earlier windows versions do the "dual monitor" stuff)

You can also redirect errors to another card/monitor working in a text mode console (like an old mono/ttl)

In short, yes, you can.

Congratz with the quick fund raising, i hope these things were considered more often in open source projects. I was also wondering if the earlier MPC develpers should get something too
She is waiting in the air

Reply #46
The first bank donation just came in. 5% to go until we reach the donation goal.

Reply #47
OMG FFS that's incredible! 95% in only 3 days! That's amazing!

Reply #48
OMG FFS that's incredible! We are at 95% in only 3 days! That's amazing!

No offence, but you've posted 3 times in this thread and I don't see your donation up on the list?

Reply #49
Yes you're right. Sentence corrected.

I'm only a student, currently I don't have a work, I don't have a credit card nor a bank account...I'd have to ask to my father to make the donation but he's not interested in MPC and he's very diffident to use internet for money transfers...
if i had a job i would have given you some money. I'll try to convince my father.

Sorry.