IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
EAC Files are now Wave files; What'd I Do?
blip
post May 9 2006, 02:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22992

I've been trying to get EAC and FLAC setup properly, but the last few albums I've ripped have been saved as WAVE files. Any idea what I changed? I know there's a preference or option somewhere that needs to be switched.
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
boojum
post May 9 2006, 04:10
Post #2

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 3727

EAC rips only. It rips as WAV files. You must now convert them to FLAC. You need the FLAC codec, I believe. Some FLAChead will fill you in. Sit down and have a cool drink while you are waiting for the reply. It is all good, so long as you have the WAV fiiles. cool.gif

--------------------
Nov schmoz kapop.
+Quote Post
Shade[ST]
post May 9 2006, 04:27
Post #3

Member No.: 22144

You probably clicked the rip - uncompressed button. You can always compress the waves into flac and use foobar2000 to retrieve freedb data.
+Quote Post
blip
post May 9 2006, 15:25
Post #4

' date='May 8 2006, 23:27' post='390667']
You probably clicked the rip - uncompressed button. You can always compress the waves into flac and use foobar2000 to retrieve freedb data.

I'm thinking this is probably what happened. I'll try rip-compressed tonight.

Also, I've been reading about the differences between ripping as an album image, or as separate tracks. I'm assuming that I have it set for separate tracks, as when I open the folder after ripping, it's 10 different files (is this assumption correct?). I couldn't find an answer as to where I select the option to rip as an image with cue sheet or as separate tracks. Can anyone point me to the right menu/choice?
thanks again!
+Quote Post
Cosmo
post May 9 2006, 17:34
Post #5

Member No.: 18979

QUOTE (blip @ May 9 2006, 10:25) *
Also, I've been reading about the differences between ripping as an album image, or as separate tracks. I'm assuming that I have it set for separate tracks, as when I open the folder after ripping, it's 10 different files (is this assumption correct?). I couldn't find an answer as to where I select the option to rip as an image with cue sheet or as separate tracks. Can anyone point me to the right menu/choice?

To avoid confusion, start the ripping process with the Action menu instead of using buttons.

Action :
--> Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet :
----> Uncompressed
----> Compressed
+Quote Post
blip
post May 13 2006, 01:59
Post #6

Thanks for the help, things seem to be back where they should be.

One more question: in EAC, I recently got some peak levels that were not 100%, which I thought my rips usually were. Is this a problem? The Track % was still 100, but I was getting some peak levels ranging from 20% on up. Anything I can do to prevent this, or does it not matter?

Thanks again!
+Quote Post
Synthetic Soul
post May 13 2006, 08:07
Post #7

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 16217

I believe that peak level just refers to the volume level of the audio on the disc.

Lower levels would actually often be better, as your CD is less likely to have clipping.

--------------------
I'm on a horse.
+Quote Post
Cosmo
post May 13 2006, 11:19
Post #8

Member No.: 18979

Indeed, Peak level has nothing to do with extraction quality. And even if the Track quality figure is less than 100%, it does not mean that the extracted audio is less than perfect. The "quality" percentage drops a little bit for each sector reread that is done, whether the result was successful or not. As long as there were no errors reported, ("Copy OK"), then a good copy was made.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:02