Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 5.1 creative gigaworks g500 on to hdmi (Read 5548 times) previous topic - next topic

5.1 creative gigaworks g500 on to hdmi

Hello

I have a 5.1 creative gigaworks g500 set and i curently connect that to my PC through the usual 3 X 3.5mm audio jack slots (one orange, one green and one black) through my audio card. BUT, i bought a new graphics card and it seems that nowdays graphics card are audio cards TOO since hdmi ports support audio as well as video. SO the question is: is there a cable that has one end as 3X3,5mm jacks and the other end as an hdmi male? or if not a cable then a device that converts 3,5mm jacks to hdmi. Thanks

Reply #1
There are HDMI-to-VGA converters with analog audio outputs, such as http://dx.com/s/hdmi+male+to+vga+adapter . IMO it is more convenient to use the integrated analog soundcard of your PC.

Reply #2
i have many sound issues with this current sound card thats why i want to get rid of it! the link you posted has some converters but i want hdmi male to THREE 3,5mm audio male/female jacks. is that possible?

Reply #3
Hello

I have a 5.1 creative gigaworks g500 set and i curently connect that to my PC through the usual 3 X 3.5mm audio jack slots (one orange, one green and one black) through my audio card. BUT, i bought a new graphics card and it seems that nowdays graphics card are audio cards TOO since hdmi ports support audio as well as video. SO the question is: is there a cable that has one end as 3X3,5mm jacks and the other end as an hdmi male? or if not a cable then a device that converts 3,5mm jacks to hdmi. Thanks

I think there are solutions but the ones I found seem to cost more than the replacement cost (it's out of production) of the Creative Gigaworks G500.  They may also cost more than a fairly simple solution - a standard low end Audio Video Receiver and some small speakers.

Reply #4
i have many sound issues with this current sound card thats why i want to get rid of it! the link you posted has some converters but i want hdmi male to THREE 3,5mm audio male/female jacks. is that possible?

I see, you want multichannel HDMI-analog converter. No way in this price level.

1. What issues do you have with your current sound card?

2. How about a multichannel USB soundcard, starting at about 10-15 USD?

Reply #5

I see, you want multichannel HDMI-analog converter. No way in this price level.

1. What issues do you have with your current sound card?

well ok, how pricy are we talking about?. the issues started with the bug on windows 7 where the screen just blacks out and then it says "nvidia drivers stopped working and have recovered" and then blue screen of death. that seems like a graphics card issue BUT i just got a new amd graphics card and AGAIN the same shit. and i noticed that after that if i dont get the blue screen and the pc works, then the sound might glitch when i scroll long pages on mozilla or when i do things that require cpu usage plus the ingame quality drops dramatically so i figured i might try to discart the sound card and use the new graphics card as a sound card through the hdmi but it seems i cant hook these 5.1 speakers through analog jacks.

Reply #7
Be careful when shopping for a cheap USB soundcard...  There are some that claim to be 5.1 or are sold as "virtual 5.1", and they have only two 3.5mm jacks...  one line-out and one mic-in.

Here's a 7.1 USB soundcard that appears to be legit.

Reply #8
Very true, the 5.1 claim on stereo soundcards is a nonsense. I got this http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-External-7...=item1c353aa5cb for 99 pences inc. shipping to Europe, the seller clearly made a mistake :-)

It can actually handle 8 channels at once (16/48), 6 analog and 2 Toslink over 12MHz USB fullspeed safely.  Even the toslink input works :-) All tested in linux. Unlike some other 5.1 cards (which I happen to have too) it provides independent volume control for each analog channel.