Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4583506 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6525
But it looks like even if column ui knows that %added% exists it skips the DURING... part, at least the query works in playlist search.
You cannot use query syntax in normal titleformat expressions.

Columns UI

Reply #6526
Well, after some more digging (this thread is ridiculously long) it seems $tab() might not work in the item details pane after all.
I found a post from 2009 that claimed as much, and going by the changelogs, it's not something that was ever added. It's a shame, and I would like to see something like this implemented if possible, but for the moment I'll have to work on some alternate plans.

Moving ahead now, I remember seeing a screenshot of one person's CUI that had the volume set as text in the status pane (not the bar) but I can't for the life of me find it again. I would like to add the volume as text to the pane as well, as it's really the only feature I like about the bar. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.. I've been searching unsuccessfully for about 3 hours now.

Thanks again.

Columns UI

Reply #6528
Using Columns UI, when I right click and drag a song to a playlist (say, it is titled "Jams"), then foobar2k automatically opens up "Jams". How can I get foobar2k not to do this, and instead stay at the search results or the entire library?

Display -> Columns UI -> Playlist switcher -> Drag & Drop tab -> change the first option

Columns UI

Reply #6529
Hithere,

Banging my head against a foobar wall (again ;-)

I have created a certain preset layout (Columns UI), and now want to create a new preset, starting from the one already created.
If you choose 'new preset', foobar starts with a completely empty panel tree.

There is a copy option in the existing panel, but no paste option in the new one...

What am I missing here?
There must be a way to edit an existing preset, and then saving it under a new name?

tia, Jistme

Columns UI

Reply #6530
put either a horizontal/vertical splitter as a base in the new preset. you can now paste your existing layout on to it.

Columns UI

Reply #6532
My Play/Pause media key doesn't seem to work, but all others do work.
I tried adding it to the Hotkeys manually, but that doesn't work either.
Is there a fix for that?
The very act of observing, influences what happens.

Columns UI

Reply #6533
Hi, I'm a long time foobar2000 user but I'm new to this forum. I'm not familiar with tweaking foobar2000 settings, so I think it's better to ask experts here. I recently installed a simple foobar2000 theme with functional sorting tabs. My problem is that this theme groups artist based on the artist tag, not album artist tag which is bothersome when I want to play a compilation album.

I want to group those songs based on the album artist (Ed Banger Records), yet it displays my songs in separate artist like that (doesn't look organized to me). Once again, I'm not familiar with tweaking the settings, so it would be really helpful if you could lead me slowly like a 'step-by-step' tutorial. I think the best display is to have those artist tag (Busy P, DJ Mehdi, Justice, Krazy Baldhead) grouping swap with album artist tag (Ed Banger Records).

Columns UI

Reply #6534
Go to Preferences (Ctrl+P) --> Display --> Columns UI --> Playlist view/Grouping tab
Now double-click on the entry in the "Script" textbox and change %artist% to %album artist%

Columns UI

Reply #6535
So i got foobar yesterday and just loved it from the moment i opened it for the first time, it had the potential to deliver everything i wanted(tried media monkey and uninstalled that piece of none intuitive crap right away).

So after toying around with it allot I think i know how i want it to function, i just need some help getting there.

This is how it looks like
1 -http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4363/42477928.png
2 -http://imageshack.us/f/191/52936309.png/

- (picture 2) The first thing that bugs me about columns_ui is that the filter functions are meant to be in columns(well duh), I'd like to see the filter options in a drop down list like the default ui has.
- Second thing that bugs me the most is the fact i didn't find a way to remove the borders and recolor the whole window template(if im even using the correct term), in short, i wanna change the whole thing using an image or whatever and removing the separating lines(both visibly and functionally, locking everything seems to not work the way i want it to work). And changing the way the search bar looks.
- The only way for me to see where is the current song playing on the NG playlist is to watch the total time of the songs and to see which one of them has the additional timer which tells which point the song is at(since the "band" that highlights it is too close to the original color if even existing), any way to make the active song change its color on the playlist?
- I found a script for making a "toggle" button(for shuffle ofc), ironically i couldnt find a place where can i put it(and on a side note, i lost the script already).

now for the more complicated stuff:
I love how the search filter works with the playlists chooser panel and adds a playlist for search results which conveniently shows me everything on the NG playlist Panel.
I'd like that the NG playlist will act more like an alternative to the windows file browser, when i find something i wanna hear exclusively, i just double click it and replace the default playlist with it and it starts playing(or right clicking it and chosing it to add to the songs currently playing).
Basically i want the "Default" playlist to function as the playback list, I'd like any help on that matter.

All the help would be appreciated. I am willing to even learn how to script if the solutions aren't there yet, so A guide might be useful as well.

Columns UI

Reply #6536
The filter in CUI is not customizable the way you want it to work, as far as I know. You might want to look at foo facets - from what you write it sounds like this is more what you want. But afaik it works with DUI, so at some point you need to decide if you want to stick with CUI or switch to DUI (foo facets is no panel that can be implemented into CUI layout, it will be a floating window using it with CUI).

What the re-colouring is concerned, you can change all that using the panel stack splitter, but as you see from the help page, it is not very easy.

Now what the browsing library is concerned, if I understood it right, you might be more satisfied looking into an alternative Playlist viewer such as EsPlaylist (for CUI). It has a large thread here in the forum, under 3rd party plugins. That EsPlaylist can either be set to browse library or follow a playlist. I think you can also set this with NG-Playlist, but I am not sure, I'm not using it and I'm also fairly new to foobar myself.

Columns UI

Reply #6537
The filter in CUI is not customizable the way you want it to work, as far as I know. You might want to look at foo facets - from what you write it sounds like this is more what you want. But afaik it works with DUI, so at some point you need to decide if you want to stick with CUI or switch to DUI (foo facets is no panel that can be implemented into CUI layout, it will be a floating window using it with CUI).

What the re-colouring is concerned, you can change all that using the panel stack splitter, but as you see from the help page, it is not very easy.

Now what the browsing library is concerned, if I understood it right, you might be more satisfied looking into an alternative Playlist viewer such as EsPlaylist (for CUI). It has a large thread here in the forum, under 3rd party plugins. That EsPlaylist can either be set to browse library or follow a playlist. I think you can also set this with NG-Playlist, but I am not sure, I'm not using it and I'm also fairly new to foobar myself.

facets doesnt seem to be the best option for me, anyway thats a small concern for me as i wont be using the filter that actively for it to make any difference.

Thank you about the panel splitter tip ill check it out.

And thanks for suggesting me EsPlaylist, its awesome(mainly because it highlights the current song playing, and your tip gave me an idea, making a tab for Es for playing purposes(active playlist) and another tab with Es for browsing, only problem is i have no clue how to keep all the configuration i have done to Es and its columns(each time i create a new panel for Es it has a reset configuration), thanks allot and ill try and seek help at the Es thread.

Columns UI

Reply #6538
Glad it was helpful for you
For me, both PSS and EsPlaylist are create extensions for my CUI layout. One note about the PSS: there are also scripts from knowledgeable users around for you to use as a PSS setup; I have one that someone else wrote, so I only had to make some changes to adapt the PSS to my needs. You might want to look into custom "skins" (configurations) that are available to download. You can take a look at all components, their scripts and setup, and simply take what you like and add it to your foobar.

EsPlaylist also works great in CUI due to its customizability with TF. When I started with foobar about 3 months ago, I first tried to learn more about title formatting, since you can use that with all components (EsPlaylist has some custom TF commands, make sure you read the txt file included in the download).

One last note about the CUI filters...I know of no way to make them as a dropdown, but you can of course setup several TF strings in for each filter column and switch them with a rightclick.
Here you can also use TF extensively; you can filter out artists from certain genres, from certain paths (if you have several library sources) and so on. Filters are very mighty. And in CUI you decide how many columns of filters you want. You can also decide wether you want the selection to be send to the active playlist or not. About the question with keeping the EsPlaylist config: I also replied to this in the respective thread.

Columns UI

Reply #6539
Seems relative path for artwork doesn't work.
When I use the absolute path it does find the artwork file, but when i use :
.Artwork\%artist% - %album%*
It doesnt

Any idea ?

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #6540
I am new to the Foobar customising world and I apologise for my ignorance. I have just installed columns UI and I want to change colours. On the Preferences-Columns UI- Colours and Fonts page all the buttons are greyed out and I cant find any way of changing anything. What is the secret?

Columns UI

Reply #6541
________________________________________________________________________________
Columns UI WIKI — Configuration: Artwork
->http://yuo.be/wiki/columns_ui:config:artwork
->http://yuo.be/wiki/dop:notes
          $directory_path(%path%)\artwork\%filename%
          $directory_path(%path%)\artwork\%artist% - %album%
          $directory_path(%path%)\artwork\folder
          $directory_path(%path%)\artwork\cover
          $directory_path(%path%)\artwork\front
          $directory_path(%path%)\artwork\*
          $directory_path(%path%)\%filename%
          $directory_path(%path%)\%artist% - %album%
          $directory_path(%path%)\folder
          $directory_path(%path%)\cover
          $directory_path(%path%)\front
          $directory_path(%path%)\*
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\artwork\%filename%
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\artwork\%artist% - %album%
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\artwork\folder
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\artwork\cover
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\artwork\front
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\artwork\*
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\%filename%
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\%artist% - %album%
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\cover
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\front
          $left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\*
          %foobar_path%\lastfm\album\%artist%-%album%
          %foobar_path%\lastfm\artist\%artist%
________________________________________________________________________________

Columns UI

Reply #6542
Try again...
The "Element" and 'Mode" fields are actually multi-choice dropdowns.
Choose an element from the "Element" dropdown list, then choose "Custom" from the "Mode" dropdown list.

Columns UI

Reply #6543
Hello,

I'm having trouble finding a way to sort the filter without a prefix while it depicts the artist names with a prefix.

Any help would be great.

Columns UI

Reply #6544
Try again...
The "Element" and 'Mode" fields are actually multi-choice dropdowns.
Choose an element from the "Element" dropdown list, then choose "Custom" from the "Mode" dropdown list.

I tried all the choices without success. I had configured CUI  Playlist Playlist-Switcher-Artwork. I reconfigured Playlist-Playlist Switcher and colour setting worked.
I cant explain it but I am happy - for now.

Columns UI

Reply #6545
Kerlatri, could you give an example of what you mean, esp. by prefix? I'd gladly help (if I can) but I am having trouble to understand what you want to achieve.

Columns UI

Reply #6546
i'm guessing they would want "The Beatles" to display in the middle of artists beginning with B without actually swapping/stripping "The" away.

and to answer that, it's not possible with the columns UI filters.

Columns UI

Reply #6547
You.be is offline/unreachable. Where can I download ColumnsUI?

Columns UI

Reply #6549
The text in my NG Playlist becomes inverted when the song is highlighted, I would like to know how to change this.

Here is a picture of what's happening.
Screenshot