Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero 7.2 Released (Read 98418 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #100
Aren't Blu-Ray discs supported in v6.6.1.4 too?

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #102
Since it seems atleast Ivan wants to fix bugs here is an old one that were never fixed: in recode when you reach the 2. pass recode will output to tv-out even when preview is disabled. That is quite annoying.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #103
Speaking of annoying bugs... When you try to rename a file and press the "Delete" key, it asks you if you want to delete the file, instead of deleting the character.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #105
I'm cool now.
Just waiting for Ivan's surprise

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #106
the suspense is killing me!:)
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #107
Sorry, surprise had to be pushed for the next week - but it will definitely be online by then.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #108

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #109
Anyone can tell me what's been added with 7.2.0.3b please?
Also, are the audio CD from MP3's probs solved?
Thanks.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #110
Did anyone notice that selecting that you want to burn an image file to CD or DVD from within SmartStart (normal mode, not expert mode!) will only launch Nero Express? Hope it's not only on my side.
Same here... 

There is a long way to have Nero 7 stable... I just feel that it is in BETA... and we are betatesters... is a shame... I keep my Nero 6.6 
JorSol
aoTuVb5 -q4

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #111
Well, I have to say this: Nero guys acting, lately, very strange. We, common users know when some product is buggy.

Nero have to work very very hard.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #112
Ivan, please tell us what's new in 7.2.0.3b.
Are there any changes regarding AAC encoder.
Should we download this version?
Thank you.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #113
Hi,

There are no changes in 7.2.0.3b with regards to AAC encoder.  As far as MP3 is in question I will check this next week (Tuesday) and come back to you.

Release date for the 'surprise' is most likely Tuesday or Wednesday latest.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #114
I jsut purchased Nero 7.2.  For some reason I'm not getting the screen that downloads my CD titles form the internet.  When I try to encode a CD to AAC I'm not getting the CD titles.  Has anyone else had this issue with the software, and if you did, how did you fix it.  Thanks.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #115
Thank you Ivan.
I'll wait.
Have a nice night/day.
Iulian

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #116
I am going to get a new mobile phone that supports AAC this week. Hope the new surprise really surprises me.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #117
I have to admit, I'm a smidge hesitant when it comes to using the new AAC encoder. Just watching the bitrate barely change concerns me. Granted, I haven't performed any ABXes myself. It just seems bizarre that the bitrate doesn't really jump anymore than +/- 10kbps. Is it really VBR? I used to use the "Extreme" profile with the old encoder. With the new slider I tend to have it at 192kbps. I tried moving the slider up to 200kbps and the filesizes were EXACTLY the same as the ones encoded with the slider at 192kbps. I know Ivan mentioned that this new encoder would choose the best option automatically, but I don't like that idea. It's too "driving automatic" once you're used to "driving standard."

As for Ivan's "surprise," I'm skeptical. Then again, I'm skeptical by nature. It helps with not being let down.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #118
if its open source ill donate at least $50 to HA with in a month of its release, anyone else in?

*edit* and 25 if it isnt *edit*
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #119
Donating money to HydrogenAudio is good, but I'm not totally sure how that relates to Nero AAC being open source.

I think that it's just a little unlikely that's going to happen though.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #120
Most of gurus here will be satisfied if the 'surprise' happens to be standalone command line aac encoder (better free of charge). 

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #121
>>Most of gurus here will be satisfied if the 'surprise' happens to be standalone command line aac encoder
Sure 

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #122
A free stand-alone encoder is the most likely scenario IMO, as Ahead's major competition has already gone that way.

And yes: donating to HA is always good no matter what  .
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #123
I've got even better news:  Nero 7 Lite!
Now we can finally enjoy the encoder without 800MB of crap floating around.  I went from 800MB to around 40MB just by using this app & a new install of Windows to get all the junk out. 
540MB in the temp folder + 220MB of unwanted NeroScout etc + 40MB of actual burning program was my former installation, now it's much faster & cleaner.  Lite is the ONLY way to go.

Nero 7.2 Released

Reply #124
I have to admit, I'm a smidge hesitant when it comes to using the new AAC encoder. Just watching the bitrate barely change concerns me. Granted, I haven't performed any ABXes myself. It just seems bizarre that the bitrate doesn't really jump anymore than +/- 10kbps. Is it really VBR?

Yes.

Bitrate depends on the playback application. The more it averages, the less "flex" you will see.

I used to use the "Extreme" profile with the old encoder. With the new slider I tend to have it at 192kbps. I tried moving the slider up to 200kbps and the filesizes were EXACTLY the same as the ones encoded with the slider at 192kbps.

Please read the thread you are replying to, it should become clear why that happens. (Basically, increasing quality/bitrate slider in the GUI has a minimal effect at high bitrates/quality levels. This behaviour is already changed for the next version.)