Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Limitation of used plugins (Read 1410 times) previous topic - next topic

Limitation of used plugins

Hi! Call me mad but I'm currently having about 120 active plugins installed and I was shortly experiencing foobar errors on startup which said Failed to load foo_<random component>.dll. Firstly I thought it was fault of foo_bpb which was last added plugin. Then I removed it and the error dismissed also. But today I found another awesome plugin and after adding to repository dir foobar popped up same errors again. So I rolled back and counted all active plugins when foobar doensot error. It counted to 118. Then I repeatedly tested adding different plugins to this swarm and always got the message.
So I wanted to know if this is a bug or a known limitation. I ofcourse would welcome if this limitation went away. There are yet so many great plugins I don't know still about. I think I have enough RAM so memory usage wouldnot be needed to care of by foobar.

Reply #1
Help - Online troubleshooter, did you try that?

Reply #2
Net yet. But now I did. It writes

The following components found on your system are known to be problematic and should be either uninstalled or updated to their latest versions:

foo_comserver2.dll : COM Automation server 0.7 alpha 6
Reason: Repeated crash reports.

foo_vst.dll : VST 2.4 adapter 0.9.0.3

foo_softplaylists.dll : Soft Playlists 2011-02-05

foo_dynamic_range.dll : Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1

foo_facets.dll : Facets 1.0
Download the latest version...

foo_httpcontrol.dll : HTTP Control 0.97.13
Download the latest version...

But foobar doesnot crashes with these components

Reply #3
Thank U I removed first 2 which I don't really use, hopefully it makes my foobar more stable.