Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3273895 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2100
Here is mine , thanks to the dev of ESplaylist, and marc2003 for your awesome job...

Album ratings and Artist ratings with CUSTOMDB, autohide panels.
Autohide Lyrics.
Autohide WSH WEB LINKS by marc2003.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2101
Here is mine , thanks to the dev of ESplaylist, and marc2003 for your awesome job...

Can you share that config please. It's pretty close to what I'm using but it looks like it has some nicer features.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2102
Still running a pretty basic CUI/PSS setup, but managed to clean it up a bit in the last year or so. Pardon my quick crops.

Unfortunately, the Item Details panel shows a large space (as if there was a second line of text) under the song title when it's long enough to wrap but has no spaces to wrap from. In most programs I've used, Japanese is allowed to wrap at a change in character type (between hiragana, katakana, kanji, or romaji). Is there any way to force this behavior in Columns UI, or should I just be glad that this only affects my secondary computer since my primary is now at a higher resolution?

Example:

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2103
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...r/cui_small.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132.../cui2_small.png

This for me is great with 1 small request, I have tried for some time today to simply add an additional panel but whenever I do it just tends to remove other panels or it's hidden etc etc, leading me to believe that this is all hard coded as one collective piece or something to that effect.

If you could possibly show me how to add a 'Now playing' display in the area where I have marked on this screenshot. Alternatively a method to have the playlist move to keep up with the now playing would be great, as if I am shuffling my library it's very hard to know what song I am listening to. Aside from this I think you've done a stunning job here.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2104
click on the cog>playback>tick cursor follows playback.

also, you can enable the status bar (view>status bar) and double clicking it will jump to the now playing track if another playlist is active.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2105
click on the cog>playback>tick cursor follows playback.

also, you can enable the status bar (view>status bar) and double clicking it will jump to the now playing track if another playlist is active.

Thank you, excellent!

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2106
Hi,

I though it would be nice to give you the skin i made, as it's mostly based on the work of others.

To those who would want to use it : it's a nice looking setup, but it's strongly adapted to my way of using foobar, and it's of course a lot harder to adapt to your tastes than the defaultUI, so be ready for some headaches anytime you want to change anything :) (most of the WSH panels here are editable directly with a right click>configure or with a shift+right click>configure, and the edit genre menu appearing in some right click menus is based of a list of genre hardcoded at the beginning of the related WSH panel)

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2107
Here is my config .. Foobar 1.3.3 and DarkOne v4 with some personal touches.

Just a guy who likes to tinker.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2108
All panels are reconfigurable by size/position by dragging edges.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2109
Hello everyone,
This is my skin, a compact version for laptop screens, used PSS and some adapted and customized WSH JScript.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2110
Hello all, I'm using this theme, and would like to edit a few things about it (even though I'm useless at any type of coding!).

Here is what my layout looks like:

Thanks in advance for any input, and I'll post more screenshots of different settings if needed; as I said, pretty bad with coding.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2111

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2112
Hi

I built my own foobar look which I'm very happy with, with one exception. My playlist has black background, the text inside is white. The cursor for current selection has a blueish background and does not alter the white texts. So far so good.

The problem is with the color of the currently played song's texts. The currently played song has all the texts in red. However that is only when the cursor selection is not on that song (that is being currently played). If I highlight that song, so that the cursor selection (with bluish background) is on top of that row, the color of the text becomes light blueish. Below are 2 images that represent it:

Would any of you be so kind as to tell me what should I modify in below script to make the color of text of the currently played song remain red when this row is currently sellected?

Lucas

$if(%_themed%,,$if($and(%isplaying%,$not(%_is_group%)),

$ifequal($mod($if2(%_display_index%,%list_index%),2),0,
$puts(back,$offset_colour(%_back%,$calculate_blend_target(%_back%),12))
$puts(back-selected,%_selected_back%)
$puts(back-selected-no-focus,%_selected_back_no_focus%)

$ifequal($mod($if2(%_display_index%,%list_index%),2),0,
$puts(back,$offset_colour(%_back%,$calculate_blend_target(%_back%),12))
$puts(back-selected,%_selected_back%)
$puts(back-selected-no-focus,%_selected_back_no_focus%)

$puts(back-selected,$offset_colour(%_selected_back%,$calculate_blend_target(%_selected_back%),7))
$puts(back-selected-no-focus,$offset_colour(%_selected_back_no_focus%,$calculate_blend_target(%_selected_back_no_focus%),7))
$puts(back,%_back%)
)

)
$set_style(back,$get(back),$get(back-selected),$get(back-selected-no-focus)))

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2113
Would any of you be so kind as to tell me what should I modify in below script to make the color of text of the currently played song remain red when this row is currently sellected?

Maybe it's something sophisticated that I can't decipher from this code (although it didn't change much when I copied it my config) but for font colours settings I'd look in different places:
- Display, CUI, Playlist view, Columns, Details, Scripts, Style (custom) -  Anything like this $if(%isplaying%,$set_style(text,red,blue) there (or anywhere else like globals)? Blue would be for selected.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2114
Thank you very much for taking the time and trying to help me out.

I looked around a bit more, and indeed there seems to be other code and settings involved. Does this help?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2115
Well, I believe you should use "Style" tab for those things.
For my config I have this:
Code: [Select]
$if(%isplaying%,

$set_style(text,$rgb(30,130,180),$rgb(30,130,180))
$set_style(back,$rgb(240,240,240),$rgb(190,190,190)),

$set_style(text,$rgb(90,90,90),$rgb(60,60,60))
$set_style(back,$rgb(240,240,240),$rgb(190,190,190))
)

$set_style here defines colors for text and background, selected and unselected:
Code: [Select]
$set_style(text|back,unselected,selected)
Shine from the inside to light up the dark night.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2116
Fantastic natrixx, thanks a lot for that!

I applied your hint, removed the styling directly in the columns, changed the script to:

"$if(%isplaying%,

$set_style(text,$rgb(255,0,0),$rgb(255,255,255))
$set_style(back,$rgb(0,0,0),$rgb(155,0,0)),

$set_style(text,$rgb(255,255,255),$rgb(255,255,255))
$set_style(back,$rgb(0,0,0),$rgb(35,80,124))
)"

and works as I want (changed my vision a bit from the one I described before, but the point is, that now I know how it works, so tweaking it if needed should not bring any problems).

Thanks, thanks, thanks guys

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2117
Final effect

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2118

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2119
My New config..

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2120
Hi everybody, sorry for the off-topic.

I have used Propheticus and derty2 code (pages 79 and 80 of this topic) for changing my Waveform Seekbar, but it doesn't seem to adjust/center automatically to the height allowed to the component.

What part of the code should I tweak so the waveform is automatically centered, whatever the height of the component ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2121
Is there any way to move status bar and pane?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2122
you can turn them off using the View menu but you can't move them.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2124
Hi,

I though it would be nice to give you the skin i made, as it's mostly based on the work of others.

To those who would want to use it : it's a nice looking setup, but it's strongly adapted to my way of using foobar, and it's of course a lot harder to adapt to your tastes than the defaultUI, so be ready for some headaches anytime you want to change anything  (most of the WSH panels here are editable directly with a right click>configure or with a shift+right click>configure, and the edit genre menu appearing in some right click menus is based of a list of genre hardcoded at the beginning of the related WSH panel)

How did you get your your genre tags so perfectly.Did you use discogs or something??