Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do minor problems effect the quality of a rip? (Read 3949 times) previous topic - next topic

How do minor problems effect the quality of a rip?

I ripped a track and received the following converter status report...

1 out of 1 tracks converted with minor problems.

Source: "cdda://033C56A5" / index: 7
  Audio CD extraction setup: drive: "MATSHITA - DVD-RAM UJ8A2ES", sample offset: 102, security: paranoid
  Secure mode: CRC mismatch, retrying.
  Secure mode: match found after 2 attempts.
  Track converted with minor problems.
  AccurateRip status: Accurately ripped, confidence: 32.

When a track is ripped with errors how does this effect the track quality? Also, this track having a match found after 2 attempts and being verified in AccurateRip is a decent rip?

Reply #1
A matching CRC was achieved and you got a confidence of 32 in AR, suggesting that there was no permanent error and that your rip is almost certainly completely accurate (at least compared to those 32 other users in the AR DB).

If either or both of a matching CRC or a match in AR hadn’t been found, then you could worry about quality. In this case, there seems to be no need to.

Reply #2
that was an excellent reply db1989, i learnt something thanks to your break down, thanks

Reply #3
that was an excellent reply db1989, i learnt something thanks to your break down, thanks

I couldn't agree more, thanks!

Reply #4
I’m glad to help! However, I must confess that my knowledge of AR and related topics is tangential at best. For anything more, you’d be better to consult the CD Hardware/Software subforum and the many experts who regularly post there.