Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero Recode 2.1.1.18 (Read 11823 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

New Nero updates include Nero Recode 2.1.1.18 and filters which have some interesting new features for Nero Digital:

- AVS and other media input support
- 2 audio and 2 subtitle tracks support
- Chapter creation/deletion
- Faster first pass (in 2 pass encoding)
- Splitting files to multiple 2-6 CD/DVD discs
- h.264 decoding support
- Support for "square pixels" in mp4 files

There's also discussion on Doom9 about this release here.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

Reply #1
New Nero updates include Nero Recode 2.1.1.18 and filters which have some interesting new features for Nero Digital:

- AVS and other media input support
- 2 audio and 2 subtitle tracks support
- Chapter creation/deletion
- Faster first pass (in 2 pass encoding)
- Splitting files to multiple 2-6 CD/DVD discs
- h.264 decoding support
- Support for "square pixels" in mp4 files

There's also discussion on Doom9 about this release here.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=234523"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow, avs input, I'm gonna check this out.  h.264 decoding support must mean they're gearing up for their h.264 encoder release.

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

Reply #2
h.264 decoding support must mean they're gearing up for their h.264 encoder release.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=234704"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, for some reason this feature is not listed on the official Nero pages, but filter support for h264 decoding definitely is there.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

Reply #3
Is there a way to specify a quality target instead of size target?

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

Reply #4
Not that I am aware of.

On another note, judging by the filesize selection, it looks like you can create multipart videos (i.e. split videos for 2 CD's).

Edit:  I didn't see it listed above in the new features.  Apparantly I was blinded by h.264 decoding support.

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

Reply #5
I have a interesting problem. I downloaded Recode + latest Nero update from ahead.de yesterday. Recode complains every time that I don't have a DVD plug-in even though ShowTime plays DVD's flawlessly.

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

Reply #6
I have a interesting problem. I downloaded Recode + latest Nero update from ahead.de yesterday. Recode complains every time that I don't have a DVD plug-in even though ShowTime plays DVD's flawlessly.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235058"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You need to register Recode / NeroVision Express with your proper serial number. The plug-in should in fact be already included, it's just disabled.

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

Reply #7
You need to register Recode / NeroVision Express with your proper serial number. The plug-in should in fact be already included, it's just disabled.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235060"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have registered Nero and this is the only problem I have. And as I said, ShowTime has no problems when it comes to finding the DVD plug-in.

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

Reply #8
I have registered Nero and this is the only problem I have. And as I said, ShowTime has no problems when it comes to finding the DVD plug-in.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235067"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you need two serial numbers: One for Nero Burning ROM and one for NeroVision Express/Recode. If the latter one is proper, you should not get that message.

Nero Recode 2.1.1.18

Reply #9
Yeah, for some reason this feature is not listed on the official Nero pages, but filter support for h264 decoding definitely is there.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=234706"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Looks like all of the main profile is supported, including CABAC and MB-AFF.  That's great!