Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_playlists_dropdown (Read 475481 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_playlists_dropdown

Reply #325
So the question remains - is it possible to add such? ;>

I'll add it to my to-do list. Which is getting pretty long, by the way...

Thanks for the sweet plugin! Would it be possible to add an %album_count% function or whatever you want to call it that would count the number of albums in the playlist?

I was experimenting with more general aggregate funcions like $avg('%rating%') or $groups('%album%'). It was performance killer for larger playlists, so I didn't include it in final version, but maybe some day I'll return to that idea.

Also, anyone made some cool custom icons for this or know where I can get some?

You can use any image file for the icon, any size and format (as long as it's png, gif or bmp ). Default icons have been taken from Fugue Icons Set, which contains 2500 icons in PNG format (16x16 px). Other popular sets I can think of are Tango and Silk.

Reply #326
Hi, this is a nice component, but is it possible to use icons on playlists without that annoying blue triangle on playing playlist?

Also, I didn't manage to do dividers between playlists even though I read the whole thread through, and tried playlists named '-' or without name. Also I'm guessing that frame-styles haven't been implemented?

Reply #327
Hi, this is a nice component, but is it possible to use icons on playlists without that annoying blue triangle on playing playlist?

Currently, not. However, you can use tools such as Resource Hacker or Resource Editor to remove OVERLAY/PLAYING resource from foo_uie_playlists_dropdown.dll.

Also, I didn't manage to do dividers between playlists even though I read the whole thread through, and tried playlists named '-' or without name. Also I'm guessing that frame-styles haven't been implemented?

Divider feature was removed a long time ago. Frame-styles haven't been implemented (and most possibly will not be).

Reply #328
Currently, not. However, you can use tools such as Resource Hacker or Resource Editor to remove OVERLAY/PLAYING resource from foo_uie_playlists_dropdown.dll.

Thanks, that did the trick

Reply #329
Any further development here? --> an option to change the frame type would be nice!

Or bug fixing? --> annoying flickering at playlist change in some cases

I hope the component is not forgotten by his author.. 

Keep up the good work, mixcherry! 

Reply #330
Hi. Very nice plug!
But i have a small bug: when 1 playlist (with a custom icon!!!) is present in PLDPDWN, then i add a new playlist (2,3,4...). And this second (3,4,5...) playlist (and all next) are haven't icon's.
When i delete any playlist - all icons are refreshing.
What this?

Reply #331
could i get a copy of this layout in the documentation page

thanks

Reply #332
Project is dead?
What about BUG?  My library is very big (~16TB), and all files storing in format image+cue
foo_uie_playlists_dropdown with %filesize% string calculated sizes only for CUE files, that not include real size of audio-image file.

Regards, Pavel.
PEACE, Me.

Re: foo_uie_playlists_dropdown

Reply #333
Firstly, I appreciate that there hasn't been any activity here for some time.  I apologise if I cause trouble by resurrecting this thread.
If my post doesn't pass moderation, I will know why, and accept that.

Secondly, I am running Wine on Linux Mint with Foobar2000 v1.3.17.  I understand that there will be some compatibility issues because of this.

My problem:
Only 5 items are displayed in the dropdown menu no matter what the preference setting is set to.
There is no frame around the dropdown box.

I can see the source code but have zero experience with actual programming, only a bit of Powershell and batch automation.

I was wondering what .dll files are used by this component, so that I might be able to copy them from Windows to Wine in hope that it solves the graphical/function issues I am having.

Thanks.

Reply #334
Another resurrection (apols), but after switching to foobar 2.0, my Columns UI view has a playlist_dropdown-sized hole in it. Is there any chance of a new version, and if not: what do people use to switch playlists these days?

Reply #335
Shift + Menu "View" > Switch to playlist
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #336
Thanks! I didn't know you could get extra menu options with shift.

I'd still like a more UI-integrated option, but this works as a workaround

Reply #337
Hey, everybody. As I understand it, the project is dead. Is there a 64bit replacement for the component?
Peace, Me.
PEACE, Me.