Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [content-free] From: XLD instruction manual? (Read 3147 times) previous topic - next topic

[content-free] From: XLD instruction manual?

I don't know of any off the top of my head but I do have my own guide and I suppose it would be a good idea to maybe start one here. Just basic setup guidlines for beginners.

If you need immediate help you can PM me and I'll walk you through it today or tomorrow.
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

Reply #1
I don't know of any off the top of my head but I do have my own guide and I suppose it would be a good idea to maybe start one here. Just basic setup guidlines for beginners.

Totally agree.  I've been using XLD over the years and I am confused about the various options.  I just tried to use it again and after ripping a few CDs I realized I had the wrong settings.  There is a Wiki page here but that doesn't help with using the program.  @Engelstaub your guide would be a great help to us all!

Reply #2
There is a Wiki page here but that doesn't help with using the program.  @Engelstaub your guide would be a great help to us all!

Yeah, we are not here on a public forum to exchange knowledge over PM
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #3
There is a Wiki page here but that doesn't help with using the program.  @Engelstaub your guide would be a great help to us all!

Yeah, we are not here on a public forum to exchange knowledge over PM

Conversely, and if it's all the same to you, I'd rather just help someone in need of immediate assistance with a simple set up via PM before I get involved in creating an instruction manual/wiki (that will take time and likely get argued about. I can tell someone how I set up XLD but, on a personal level, it just sounds like more stupid arguments for me to get into around here over the same trivial stuff. Pass.)
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

Reply #4
Still offering PM support as answer a question in a forum is beyond me. Why didn´t you simply sent the OP a PM to offer help?
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #5
Yes, posting publicly about information you intend to distribute privately isn’t useful to anyone except the chosen one/few. All it seems to have gotten us is a public argument. Please, everyone, stop that.

Let us know when/if you intend to make your guide available for all, and I’m sure it’ll be appreciated. Otherwise, distribute it without a public fanfare. This is a fair request.