Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_run (Read 596210 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #400
Also, what about youtube? I found one here that searches for artists in youtube, but none for artist+song.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #402
allmusic artist does not work ... can you solve it?
it does not research...

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #403
artist
Code: [Select]
http://www.allmusic.com/search/artist/$replace(%artist%, ,+)

album
http://www.allmusic.com/search/album/$replace(%album%, ,+)

title
http://www.allmusic.com/search/song/$replace(%title%, ,+)

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #405
I have made a foo_run command to open Files with the VLC player.
Works fine, the only problem is, when I open another file, VLC always opens a new player instance.

Is there a command which adds file to the VLC playlist, instead of open a new player? Perfect would be add+play.

EDIT:
solved
I canged the setting in VLC to the following:

Tools > Preferences > Interface > Instances:
[yes] Allow only one instance
[no] Enqueue files when in one instance modus

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #407
great plugin thanks! if i could request one improvement.. it would be to have a nice default line seperator you could use between commands to tidy everything up.. at present i just use a load of dashes ---------------- for this purpose!

heres a few scripts i use which might help others..

Discogs
Artist : http://www.discogs.com/search?q=$replace(%artist%, ,+)&ie=utf-8
Artist - Album : http://www.discogs.com/search?q=$repl...artist%+%album%, ,+)&ie=utf-8

Youtube
Artist : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...eplace(%artist%, ,+)&aq=f
Artist - Title : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...artist%+%title%, ,+)&aq=f
Artist Playlist : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type...eplace(%artist%, ,+)&uni=1

Spectro
"C:\Program Files\Spectro\Spectro.exe" "%path%"

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #408
Thank you for foo_run.  I got some help from Pone to run VLC to preview a track on headphones.  I can see plenty of other uses for it too. 
Zarty

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #409
Hi,

I'm trying to use fun_run to control some popup panels.

My service is
foobar2000.exe /command:"Hide All Panels" /command:"Hide" /command:"Mini"

If I open up foobar and don't first left-click on an item in a playlist, the above won't work.
If I open up foobar, click on a playlist item and then try the service, it works: all the panels are hidden, as is the main foobar window, and then my panel called "Mini" appears.
If I open up foobar and don't left-click on a playlist item, run my service (nothing happens), then click on a playlist item and run my service again, the command:"Mini" has a different result: it pops up the panel configuration dialog for the Mini panel.

Why does this happen? 

Is there any way to explicitly use the full menu path of the action such as /command:"View/Popup Panels/Show/Mini" ??? That doesn't do anything, even though it's the full path to the action I want to perform.

Never mind.  I combined foo_run with foo_runcmd and it does exactly what I want/expect:
foobar2000.exe /runcmd="View/Popup Panels/Hide All Panels" /runcmd="View/Hide" /runcmd="View/Popup Panels/Show/Mini"

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #410
Nope, I was too quick to mark that as resolved.  I guess since the actions I want to assign to a keyboard shortcut are only available in the [context] submenus, I must have a playlist item selected to use them.

Gotta find a way around this.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #411
dyermaker @ Post #408, what is "C:\Program Files\Spectro\Spectro.exe" ? Do you have a home page address so I can evaluate the program. Thanks.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #413
Thankyou tpijag, you hit the nail on the head +++

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #414
Here is my (verbose) title formatting code for running a Google search using 'foo_run' (and my default browser).

Basically speaking, my approach to finding more info on Google is to create a very long string of words and let Google do its job; Im not particular about trying to filter down the results by adding specific domain names.

Before you view the code further down, here is a sample selected item from my fb2k Playlist Viewer;
this shows you how I always tag my files; especially note the 'Comment' tag 
   ========================================================================================

TRACK NUM:        01.
   TRACK NAME:       Allegro non troppo

ARTIST:          Henryk Szeryng . Hendl, Orch Chicago
   ALBUM ARTIST:    
   ALBUM:           LALO: Symphonie Espagnole
   DATE:            1961
   GENRE:           Classical

COMMENT:         <IDX>Szeryng Henryk . Hendl, Orch Chicago</IDX/><PRODUCTID>Vinyl | Classic Records 'RCA Living Stereo' reissue series (1994), 'Deluxe 1S' Box Set, item: LSC-2456 | Ripped: Oct 2011</PRODUCTID/>

========================================================================================

The code should now be a bit more understandable...

// Code (A)
// Lines are split here for easy viewing of the code; use Code (B) for pasting into foo_run preferences
http://www.google.com/search?q=$replace(music' '

// ========== DEFINITION OF VARIOUS ARTIST ==> "VA"
$puts(va_string,'VA ')

$if($stricmp($meta(va),'1'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($meta(various),'1'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($meta(various artists),'1'),$puts(va,1))
$if($trim($meta(album artist)),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),4),'v : '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v: '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v. '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),4),'v / '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v/ '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),2),'v/'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),4),'v - '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v- '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($trim($meta(artist)),2),'va'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'va '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v a'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'v.a.'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'v. a.'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),8),'various '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'various'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'various artists'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'varios'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'varies'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,4),'v - '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'v_ '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'v- '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'va-'),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'va '),$puts(va,1))
$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'va_'),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\v '),$puts(va,0))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\v\'),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\va. '),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\va- '),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\va '),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\va\'),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\various\'),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\various artists\'),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\_va\'),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\_various\'),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\_various artists\'),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' va - '),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' va- '),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' va . '),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' va. '),$puts(va,1))
$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' various artists'),$puts(va,1))

// ========== IF ALBUM, IF TRACKNUMBER
$if(%album%,
$if(%tracknumber%,

// ========== FORMAT - HAS ALBUM, HAS TRACKNUMBER
$if($stricmp($get(va),1),
$get(va_string)[$if2($meta(album artist),$meta(artist))]' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%),
$if3($meta(album artist),$meta(artist),'%artist%')' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%)
),

// ========== FORMAT - HAS ALBUM, HAS NO TRACKNUMBER
$get(va_string)[$if2($meta(album artist),$meta(artist))]' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%),
$if3($meta(album artist),$meta(artist),'%artist%')' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%))
),

// ========== FORMAT - HAS NO ALBUM, HAS NO TRACKNUMBER
$if3($meta(album artist),$meta(artist),'%artist%')' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%))
)

// ========== REPLACE SPECIAL CHARACTERS ==> All to "+" (becomes space in Google search field)
,' ','+','&','+','/','+','\','+','|','+','[','+',']','+','(','+',')','+','-','+',',','+',';','+',':','+','.','+','','+')&ie=utf-8

// Code (B)
// Paste this code into 'foo_run' preferences  Path:  field .

// This code generates a long string of alphanumeric characters and words separated by spaces, and all special characters are replaced by spaces.
// For example, the sample playlist item from above would end up looking like this in the Google search field:
// [!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]music Henryk Szeryng  Hendl  Orch Chicago LALO  Symphonie Espagnole  1961  Vinyl  Classic Records  RCA Living Stereo  reissue series  1994    Deluxe 1S  Box Set  item  LSC 2456  Ripped  Oct 2011  Allegro non troppo[/size]

// Note: I paste this exact same code into the  Label:  field    ...EXCEPT I prefix:  'Google -'  to the beginning    ...AND I strip off the starting string:  http://www.google.com/search?q=    ...AND I strip off the ending string:  &ie=utf-8
http://www.google.com/search?q=$replace(music' '$puts(va_string,'VA ')$if($stricmp($meta(va),'1'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($meta(various),'1'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($meta(various artists),'1'),$puts(va,1))$if($trim($meta(album artist)),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),4),'v : '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v: '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v. '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),4),'v / '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v/ '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),2),'v/'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),4),'v - '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v- '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($trim($meta(artist)),2),'va'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'va '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),3),'v a'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'v.a.'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'v. a.'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left($meta(artist),8),'various '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'various'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'various artists'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'varios'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($trim($meta(artist)),'varies'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,4),'v - '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'v_ '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'v- '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'va-'),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'va '),$puts(va,1))$if($stricmp($left(%directoryname%,3),'va_'),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\v '),$puts(va,0))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\v\'),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\va. '),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\va- '),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\va '),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\va\'),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\various\'),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\various artists\'),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\_va\'),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\_various\'),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),'\_various artists\'),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' va - '),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' va- '),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' va . '),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' va. '),$puts(va,1))$if($strstr($lower(%path%),' various artists'),$puts(va,1))$if(%album%,$if(%tracknumber%,$if($stricmp($get(va),1),$get(va_string)[$if2($meta(album artist),$meta(artist))]' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%),$if3($meta(album artist),$meta(artist),'%artist%')' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%)),$if($stricmp($get(va),1),$get(va_string)[$if2($meta(album artist),$meta(artist))]' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%),$if3($meta(album artist),$meta(artist),'%artist%')' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%))),$if($stricmp($get(va),1),$get(va_string)[$if2($meta(album artist),$meta(artist))]' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%),$if3($meta(album artist),$meta(artist),'%artist%')' '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')' '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')' '$if2($substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),$directory(%path%,2)' '$directory(%path%,1))$if2(' '%title%,' '%filename%))),' ','+','&','+','/','+','\','+','|','+','[','+',']','+','(','+',')','+','-','+',',','+',';','+',':','+','.','+','','+')&ie=utf-8

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #415
does anybody know the command lines for native insturments traktor?
i would like to send file from foobar to the preview player of traktor.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #416
well the standard convention for opening files in windows is....

"path\to\app.exe" "path\to\file.ext"

you could try running traktor from the command line (traktor /?) or check it's documentation to see if there are any further arguments you can pass on the command line.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #417
that's how far i get. but i need further arguments to tell traktor what to do whith the files i send to it.
the problem is i can't find any documentation which present command lines for interaction of traktor and other software.
part of the problem might be that i don't really know for what to search. do such command lines exist for every software?

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #418
not all programs support command line arguments but there's a high probability that if it does, running it with /? will give some help.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #419
thanks for your help. unfortunatelly i'm not so familiar with command lines.

where do i have to use "/?" ? at Command Prompt?
i've tested there several command combinations, but without success. these are the lines i've tested:

"C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor 2\Traktor.exe" /?
"C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor 2\Traktor.exe" help /?
help "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor 2\Traktor.exe"
help "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor 2\Traktor.exe" /?

can you tell me what i'm doing wrong?

at Command Promt, there is always C:\Users\My Username> at the begin of the line. do I have to delete this? how?

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #420
Is it possible to create .txt files with this? I'm using it with foo_uie_lyrics2 and if I need to enter lyrics manually I want it to create and open a .txt file named %artist% - %title%.txt in a defined location.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #421
I use a single directory to hold all lyrics. The following works for me.

"C:\Program Files\Notepad++\Notepad++.exe" "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\DeadWords\ %artist% - %Title%.txt"

Editor pops up a dialog that file does not exist and creates it.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #422
That's actually even better than what I wanted. This way I can either edit existing lyrics or paste new lyrics. Thanks.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #423
Thanks alot for very usefull component
but i have a one request for this component

I am a Jpn user and sometimes %album% or other TF have multibyte characters
so when i assing this component to send command-line argument which contain multibyte characters to IE,
Youtube for example, dosent work i intended to.

That because youtube Search query URL needs URL encoded.
EX.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=林檎

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...%9E%97%E6%AA%8E

now I made external Url Encoder tools ,and throw command-line argument to it
RunServiceとインターネットエクスプローラーを強力に連携させる -EscapeUriString.exeの公開- - PNNブログCEOの趣味悠々自適生活
http://pnnceo.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-95.html

my request is that this component will supports URL Encodeing default.
Thanks

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #424
How do you get to the last.fm page of a song and artist? I had it written somewhere but now i lost it and i don't have the smallest clue how to do it 
Will appreciate if someone could help.