Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Splitting of ape folder (Read 1005 times) previous topic - next topic

Splitting of ape folder

I have downloaded an ape folder with image / cue files inside which consists of about 16 ape songs. How can I make use of your tool to split it into different individual ape file or even mp3 file? Can it be done at one goal or first to individual ape file and then to mp3 file? Thanks!

Splitting of ape folder

Reply #1
You can drag the .cue file into a playlist, then right-click/convert which has the option to split the files based on that. A simple move command might also work but I could be totally wrong on that one.

Splitting of ape folder

Reply #2
to even play/read an .ape file, you'll need this additional component: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_monkey

if you want to split the cue/ape file into individual ape tracks, you'll need to install the monkey's encoder available here: http://www.monkeysaudio.com/download.html

use the convert option by selecting and right clicking a bunch of files in a playlist>convert>...

if you don't see a convert option, you'll need to re-run the foobar installer and make sure you select the converter option. it's okay to do this over the top of your current foobar install but make sure foobar is closed before you do it. you may need to search the forum to find how to setup a custom encoder with the parameters you want.

and if you wan to convert to mp3, you should download the lame encoder from rarewares.org. this is a bit easier as you already have a converter preset built in - again found under the convert dialog on the right click menu.