Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC: external encoder gave an error (Read 3632 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC: external encoder gave an error

I'm talking about lame, i'm using the 3.99.5 version of lame.exe in eac to encode my mp3from a regoular audio cd.

I've putted -V2 in command line.
Then the rip to mp3 starts, eac copy the song and at the end of the first song the message appears: external compressor gave an error.

I've tried also with different command line such as --preset standard etc but this message always appears.
I'm beginning to think it's an eac error nor properly due to the encoder.
What could it be?

Reply #2
First and foremost: Have you added, at the very least, the %source% and %destination% placeholders? Or perhaps they’re still accessed via %s and %d in your version, since you didn’t deign to mention which one it is. Either way, you didn’t mention these in your quoted command-lines, and nothing will work if they are missing.

I'm beginning to think it's an eac error nor properly due to the encoder.
Then why did you post it in MP3 - Tech, not CD Hardware/Software? Anyway, if my suspicion above is correct, it’s neither: it’s a user error.

Reply #4
Ok i followed the guide but i think there's something wrong with it.
It says to write -V2 %s %d but it doesn't work.
the correct form is -V2 %source% %dest%

Now it works.

Reply #5
Quote from: EAC and LAME link=msg=0 date=
Important note

This guide is in need of an update, because in EAC 1.0 beta 2, the replacement strings changed. For example:
* "%s" is now "%source%"
* "%d" is now "%dest%"
* "%a" is now "%artist%"

It says this at the top of the guide
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #6
Ok i followed the guide but i think there's something wrong with it.
It says to write -V2 %s %d but it doesn't work.
the correct form is -V2 %source% %dest%

Now it works.
You just ignored my post outright, didn’t you?