Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FooBar Random/Shuffle ? (Read 31792 times) previous topic - next topic

FooBar Random/Shuffle ?

Im new to Foobar, and cant seem to find how to make the FooBar play a random song after one song just finished.

Im aware that it is a "random song" button, but that only applies once you press it and it only happens once.

So how do I enable shuffle songs, so that it plays songs by random, without having to press the button each time.

FooBar Random/Shuffle ?

Reply #1
Right click on main toolbar -> Toolbars / Playback order.

FooBar Random/Shuffle ?

Reply #2
In the Foobar menu, choose Playback > Order > Random or one of the Shuffle options.

That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Re: FooBar Random/Shuffle ?

Reply #3
Hi. Got a problem here. If I am in a playlist but I want to shuffle or random in another one and I click on random once I activate the other playlist it still shuffles the other one that I was hearing previously. I have to actually start playing a song on the new one, then random. Annoying. Any help? Regards.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #4
I was hearing previously
Old problem .. I hope for a solution in the new 1.6.0
Some tracks are repeated, others are not played at all

Reply #5
Maybe you can try this:

- create a playlist with all your music;
- start playing in that new playlist
- choose random mode.

Not very elegant but useful

Reply #6
"Shuffle" instead of "Random"...

"Random mode doesn't prevent track repetitions other than the same track played twice in a row. You probably want to use 'Shuffle (tracks)' mode instead." (Foobar FAQ)