Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: autoplaylist help me (Read 10661 times) previous topic - next topic

autoplaylist help me

hi
i have a problem with auto play list

how can i make an autoplaylist with the songs (files) that are old then 1 or 2 weeks

in short they files i ripped 1 or 2 weeks ago

can i do it ?

and which is the more easy & powerful components ?
thanks

autoplaylist help me

Reply #1
hi

how can i make an autoplaylist with the songs (files) that are old then 1 or 2 weeks

can i do it ?

thanks

hi,

open search libray (Library->Search)
type: NOT %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS
is it what are you looking for? older then 2 weeks?
now click '...' button then 'create autoplaylist', now you can rename it. if you want change something in autoplaylist query go to View->Playlist Manager then right click on your autoplaylist, choose 'Autoplaylist ...' and here you go ;)

more info about 'Time Expressions'

have fun
foo foo foo

autoplaylist help me

Reply #2

hi

can i do it ?

thanks

hi,

open search libray (Library->Search)
type: NOT %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS
is it what are you looking for? older then 2 weeks?
now click '...' button then 'create autoplaylist', now you can rename it. if you want change something in autoplaylist query go to View->Playlist Manager then right click on your autoplaylist, choose 'Autoplaylist ...' and here you go

more info about 'Time Expressions'

have fun

i would love to have a playlist with the mp3 that i saved in my hard disk 2 weeks ago
i don't want the files more old then 2 week ago

by the way i use autoplaylist

thanks but the
Code: [Select]
NOT %last_modified% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS
does work for this job

autoplaylist help me

Reply #3
instead of %last_modified% you can use %added% so it wil only find files that are added to foob's library in the last two weeks.

autoplaylist help me

Reply #4
... and that's the trick.  The query won't find random audio files stored on your hard drive; it only queries the files in your foobar media library.

autoplaylist help me

Reply #5
instead of %last_modified% you can use %added% so it wil only find files that are added to foob's library in the last two weeks.

thanks
but the string NOT %added% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS doesn't work with autoplaylist

it work with the search feature

i would like to make a smart playlist

autoplaylist help me

Reply #6
If you'reu using the Autoplaylist Generator component, it doesn't work because it's outdated.

Use the search feature to create an autoplaylist (click the ".." button).

autoplaylist help me

Reply #7
If you'reu using the Autoplaylist Generator component, it doesn't work because it's outdated.

Use the search feature to create an autoplaylist (click the ".." button).

but it's a smart playlist ? like itunes or mediamoneky?

autoplaylist help me

Reply #8
Yes, it's smart, whenever you add new files to the library it will be in that playlist also. Autoplaylist is smart playlist.

You can create a custom searchstring and save them as an autoplaylist.

For example, do a search for:
NOT %added% DURING LAST WEEK AND %added% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS

Save this with [...] > create autoplaylist, and it will always stay updated and always show only songs that were only added in the week before last week.

autoplaylist help me

Reply #9
Yes, it's smart, whenever you add new files to the library it will be in that playlist also. Autoplaylist is smart playlist.

You can create a custom searchstring and save them as an autoplaylist.

For example, do a search for:
NOT %added% DURING LAST WEEK AND %added% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS

Save this with [...] > create autoplaylist, and it will always stay updated and always show only songs that were only added in the week before last week.

THANKS

by the way a gui like winamp or mediamonkey or itunes it could be awesome

it's hard to make smart playlist in foobar

autoplaylist help me

Reply #10
foobar's GUI can be almost everything you want, but some things just work different if you compare it to winamp or mediamonkey. imho foobar2000 works much better, though it seems complicated at start, once you get used to how things work it's the one and only audioplayer that will suit your needs.

Read this thread if you want to create something similar to winamp:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=66130

My advice is: use the scratchbox under View > Layout > Create scratchbox... and create a gui from scratch. Play around with all the options in there and make it look as you want. Now that's nice, create a unique looking mediaplayer just the way you want it to be.

autoplaylist help me

Reply #11
foobar's GUI can be almost everything you want, but some things just work different if you compare it to winamp or mediamonkey. imho foobar2000 works much better, though it seems complicated at start, once you get used to how things work it's the one and only audioplayer that will suit your needs.

Read this thread if you want to create something similar to winamp:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=66130

My advice is: use the scratchbox under View > Layout > Create scratchbox... and create a gui from scratch. Play around with all the options in there and make it look as you want. Now that's nice, create a unique looking mediaplayer just the way you want it to be.

thanks
but i mean the gui to make smart playlist
is there a resource that lern to me to use the serch and make smart playlist?

for example where can i find the filed to make more played songs or rating ...

autoplaylist help me

Reply #12
You can take a look at foobar's help > titleformatting or here:
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/help/0.9/foo...h-1.4-help.html

For that last one you should install foosion's DBsearch.

most played songs:
%play_count% PRESENT SORT DESCENDING BY %play_count%

rated songs:
%rating% PRESENT SORT DESCENDING BY %rating%

of course you can try all kinds of stuff, like:
%rating% IS 5
%play_count% GREATER 3
%rating% LESS 3

and combine these with operators like AND, OR, NOT, HAS etc. etc.
Also search this forum for more goodies on that subject.

Note that the SORT BY option is not necessery to create an autoplaylist, but it's used to sort by whatever you want (you could find all rated songs and sort by %artist% for example.

autoplaylist help me

Reply #13

There is a short guide to make autoplaylists in foobar2000 here
http://winamp2foobar.blogspot.com/2008/09/...-playlists.html
(However it doesn't add much to what has been suggested (make a search, push [...], and that's it...)
(I mean, many things in foobar2000 are a bit too far from obvious but this one is not that complicated...)

If you are used to winamp syntax, the correspondance with foobar2000 syntax is here:
http://winamp2foobar.blogspot.com/2008/10/...ename-full.html

autoplaylist help me

Reply #14
You can take a look at foobar's help > titleformatting or here:
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/help/0.9/foo...h-1.4-help.html

For that last one you should install foosion's DBsearch.

most played songs:
%play_count% PRESENT SORT DESCENDING BY %play_count%

rated songs:
%rating% PRESENT SORT DESCENDING BY %rating%

of course you can try all kinds of stuff, like:
%rating% IS 5
%play_count% GREATER 3
%rating% LESS 3

and combine these with operators like AND, OR, NOT, HAS etc. etc.
Also search this forum for more goodies on that subject.

Note that the SORT BY option is not necessery to create an autoplaylist, but it's used to sort by whatever you want (you could find all rated songs and sort by %artist% for example.

There is a short guide to make autoplaylists in foobar2000 here
http://winamp2foobar.blogspot.com/2008/09/...-playlists.html
(However it doesn't add much to what has been suggested (make a search, push [...], and that's it...)
(I mean, many things in foobar2000 are a bit too far from obvious but this one is not that complicated...)

If you are used to winamp syntax, the correspondance with foobar2000 syntax is here:
http://winamp2foobar.blogspot.com/2008/10/...ename-full.html

thanks you so much
really appreciate it!

autoplaylist help me

Reply #15
Foobar2000:Components 0.9/Autoplaylist Manager (foo autoplaylist)
From Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
< Foobar2000:Components 0.9
Jump to: navigation, search
Description

Presents a Media Library query in a dynamically-generated playlist.

This component is no longer under development - you can use Album List (foobar2000 0.9.5 or newer) or Media Library Search (0.9.5.1 or newer) to create dynamically updated playlists

from here
How can I create a playlist with all my media library tracks&
So I need this ->> Media Library Search (0.9.5.1 or newer) to create dynamically updated playlists

autoplaylist help me

Reply #16
It's included by default, just go to Library>Search then type in ALL and hit the ... button

autoplaylist help me

Reply #18
Helllo,  I have superb RECENT autoplaylist scheme with fixed sorting issue, i.e. normally the most recent song within an album is the last in the album. So without this fix, tracks ids are sorted wrong if we are adding music with opened foobar.

Here it is:
Query pattern
%path% HAS S:\ AND %added% DURING LAST 19 WEEKS
Sort pattern
$sub(9999,$year(%added%)), $sub(12,$month(%added%)), $sub(9999,$day_of_month(%added%)), $sub(9999,$substr($time(%added%),1,2)), $directory_path(%path%), $if3($meta(album artist),  %album%, %artist%), %album%, %tracknumber%

The second half of sorting pattern is just copied from my ordinary sorting rules

autoplaylist help me

Reply #19
How about '%added% DURING LAST 1 WEEK SORT DESCENDING BY %added%' instead? Or am I missing something here?

autoplaylist help me

Reply #20
For those new to this, like myself, %added% does not work by default. You need to add the optional component "foo_playcount" or this metric is not maintained. I wasted an hour or so trying to make this work before I found this out via a lot of Google searching ;-)