Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1391229 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #2800
you replace $imageabs with $albumart....

Code: [Select]
$albumart(x,y,w,h,0,artist)

read the bundle text file for more options. it's tested and working fine here. and you must use an absolute folder path in the foobar artwork preferences. %fb2k_profile_path% is not recognised anywhere outside of the WSH panel mod preprocessor section.

I did take a peak at romors script and saw that cache is on by default but if I'm not connected to the net, no review displays. 

well i don't know why that is. mine most definitely displays cached data when there is no internet.

any time I use $albumart, it displays only the front cover regardless of what I specify. oh well, it's not really a question for this thread I suppose.

Thanks for the allmusic script though, it's working great 

Reply #2801
any time I use $albumart, it displays only the front cover regardless of what I specify. oh well, it's not really a question for this thread I suppose.

there really is nothing to it. check your ELplaylist version is 0.6.9.1.2(beta) as that's what i have.

Reply #2802
In the past two days, i tested how thumbs work with yahoo. If in the search terms you enter last.fm, you get image usually from last.fm. Or if you enter allmusic you recieve image from allmusic, etc... Image quality is low, but i can't improve this. If anyone is interested to improve and modify this i can send him a link...

This is how thumbs with yahoo looks in small panel. I think it's not bad at all..

Reply #2803

there really is nothing to it. check your ELplaylist version is 0.6.9.1.2(beta) as that's what i have.

but I guess it's a moot point if the path has to be absolute as I would want it to be more portable. I can still use the bio panel for that

Reply #2804
This is how thumbs with yahoo looks in small panel. I think it's not bad at all..

200px? wow that is small. even my last.fm script set to small mode downloads 252px images. if people want to modify my script to display ridiculously small thumbs like those 40px ones, they can hold shift>right click panel>properties and edit the value of thumbs_px to whatever they like.

i don't even know what you're trying to show me?? is that 2 halves of different images? 

but I guess it's a moot point if the path has to be absolute as I would want it to be more portable. I can still use the bio panel for that

just add multiple paths in the preferences. you can't have that many different locations?? it will stop processing as soon as it encounters an image.

Reply #2805
i don't even know what you're trying to show me?? is that 2 halves of different images? 

yes the top was the artist image that is from the bio panel path and the bottom half($albumart) is the the album front in spite of declaring artist

just add multiple paths in the preferences. you can't have that many different locations?? it will stop processing as soon as it encounters an image.

but that won't work for my portable drive when on other systems.

again though, no worries, if the built in artreader can't do it, it can't do it. The allmusic script was what I was really after so thanks again.

Reply #2806
200px? wow that is small. even my last.fm script set to small mode downloads 252px images. if people want to modify my script to display ridiculously small thumbs like those 40px ones, they can hold shift>right click panel>properties and edit the value of thumbs_px to whatever they like.

My thumbs is 40px, because i use small panel, i can set larger thumbs if i want..
Dimensions of that images from yahoo is 300x 300, and i don't now how to download full size. That's why i'm saying if someone wants to modify this. I don't know is it worth to use, if stays like this..
Beside this, yahoo is good to download image, if you set right search terms in properties, as i did..

Reply #2807
yes the top was the artist image that is from the bio panel path and the bottom half($albumart) is the the album front in spite of declaring artist

i guess one of your $imageabs functions is being drawn but i can't really tell from here. you should check all those $if conditions again.

but that won't work for my portable drive when on other systems.

why not? the folder structure on the USB stick will be the same. so you need a new line for each possible drive letter that will be assigned to your USB stick.

D:\Applications\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%album artist%)\*.*
E:\Applications\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%album artist%)\*.*

i can't imagine needing more than 3-4 entries but i guess that depends on the range of pcs you use and how many partitions/optical drives they have.

if you have administrator permissions on each PC, you can even assign a drive letter well outside the range that would normally be automatically assigned like T: or something. it will then be remember the next time you plugin that same device. use disk management (diskmgmt.msc) to do that.

Reply #2808
Just for information, I also get the HTTP error: 0 with the thumbs script (or the now playing one) since I have updated to Win 8.1.
- I tried the command line from Post #2767 and it worked.
- I also changed the language from French to English since last.fm used to redirect it to lastfm.fr with IE but I still get the HTTP error: 0

Too bad
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #2809
clear all cookies in IE and try again.

if you don't want to clear all of them, open internet options>browsing history>settings>browse files. now find and delete just the last.fm cookie(s).

Reply #2810
samples updated: thumbs & now playing

i've tried added in support for local last.fm sites meaning you shouldn't have to change your preference to the english site if you normally use IE when browsing.

right click>Update script and restart foobar when prompted.
now hold shift and right click the panel>properties.
edit the value of images_domain. the default is http://www.last.fm but you can try things like http://www.lastfm.de, http://www.lastfm.ru etc....

Reply #2811
samples updated again:

7.2013-11-19.03

"Allmusic review". Improve matching of results by converting artists &
albums to ascii strings. Also "&" and "and" are ignored.

existing users: right click>Update script
full download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip
changelog: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...h/changelog.txt

Reply #2813
I downloaded Marc's config (Thanks Marc, it looks awesome!!!!) on both my 32 bit Vista machine and on my 64 bit windows 7 computer.  The Vista works perfect, but I get this error on the Win 7 computer.  Also, I have the Safe Mode unchecked.

Watching: C:\Users\DANNY\Documents\FLAC
WSH Panel Mod (Autoplaylists by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Autoplaylists by marc2003): initialized in 81 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Properties by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Properties by marc2003): initialized in 10 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Art Reader by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Art Reader by marc2003): initialized in 10 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm & Wikipedia Biography by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm & Wikipedia Biography by marc2003): initialized in 10 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Thumbs by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Thumbs by marc2003): initialized in 10 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Similar Artists by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Similar Artists by marc2003): initialized in 5 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Musicbrainz by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Musicbrainz by marc2003): initialized in 10 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Musicbrainz by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Musicbrainz by marc2003): initialized in 10 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Menu by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Menu by marc2003): initialized in 10 ms
WSH Panel Mod (WSH Playlist Viewer 2013 v0.0.8 by Br3tt aka Falstaff >> http://br3tt.deviantart.com): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\wsh_br3tt\js\WSHcommon.js"
WSH Panel Mod (WSH Playlist Viewer 2013 v0.0.8 by Br3tt aka Falstaff >> http://br3tt.deviantart.com): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\wsh_br3tt\js\WSHplaylist.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (WSH Playlist Viewer 2013 v0.0.8 by Br3tt aka Falstaff >> http://br3tt.deviantart.com): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
'test' is null or not an object
File: C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\wsh_br3tt\js\WSHplaylist.js
Ln: 2, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>
WSH Panel Mod (Playback Buttons by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\DANNY\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Playback Buttons by marc2003): initialized in 10 ms
Startup time : 0:00.498933

Thanks for any help!!

Reply #2815
Worked like a charm!  Thanks again Marc!!!

Reply #2817
not possible but i've just updated it so it automatically updates if cached data is more than 24 hours old. due to the way the site works, you cannot check any more often that.

also, because it uses a 3rd party (theechonest.com), any changes made to the last.fm wiki pages or wikipedia articles are unlikely to show for quite sometime anyway. i must confess i have no idea how often or even IF it updates.

right click your pane>Update script to apply the change.

Reply #2819
not possible but i've just updated it so it automatically updates if cached data is more than 24 hours old. due to the way the site works, you cannot check any more often that.

also, because it uses a 3rd party (theechonest.com), any changes made to the last.fm wiki pages or wikipedia articles are unlikely to show for quite sometime anyway. i must confess i have no idea how often or even IF it updates.

Good morning. Thanks for the great scripts. I think I have converted most of my layout to use your scripts now.

I updated this script this morning using the built-in update feature. It crashed on loading:

Error message:
"Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Last.fm & Wikipedia Biography by marc2003, CODE: 0x80020101)
Check the console for more information (Always caused by unexcepted script error).

Console message:
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm & Wikipedia Biography by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\310130299\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm & Wikipedia Biography by marc2003): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
'this.file.DateLastModified' is null or not an object
File: C:\Users\310130299\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js
Ln: 3368, Col: 6
<source text only available at compile time>

I deleted that tab from my layout, then added a new tab, set it for WSH panel mod, and pasted in a clean copy of the script from the sample archive I downloaded form your site last week, but the error still happens whenever it tries to load that script. Without the "last.fm & wikipedia biography" script everything runs great.[/s]

Edit: nvm... I update the common7.js script as listed in your post, and it works now. Thanks for the updates.

Reply #2820

Is there updates for images also? Because i modified script i don't now if this alredy exist in menu? Something that will delete old images and update with new?
and also i have problem to delete image from menu, this not work for me. i recieve error ''file is opened in foobar'' for wsh 1.4.2.
I can't use timeout in this wsh.. How to fix this?

Reply #2821
@marc2003 : about your thumbs script, it's seem make foobar unable to exit or open console when it's still downloading image.
I notice that when thums download image, it make a process cscript for each image to download. When cscript.exe still available, foobar can't be close until you use task manager to kill cscript.exe or foobar2000.exe. 
Can you fix that

Reply #2822
yeah, that is pretty crappy behaviour. i'll see what i can do.

Reply #2823
it should be fixed now. right click panel>Update script.

full download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip
changelog: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...h/changelog.txt

because of the changes i've had to make, there is no hourglass image to show it's working. i can no longer tell when images have finished downloading. instead i check the folder for new images on a timer. for that same reason, the re-scan folder option has been removed from the right click menu because it's not needed. (it's still there in custom folder mode though)

Reply #2824
so fast, problem seem be gone, thanks you very much