Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Game Theater Xp Vs. Dmx 6fire (Read 2716 times) previous topic - next topic

Game Theater Xp Vs. Dmx 6fire

i currently have a gtxp that im very happy with
however, i just found out about the DMX 6Fire, with a true 24 bit DAC on it
just curious if anyone owns this card, and how they like it
any comparasons to the gtxp, is there a noticible difference in sound quality?
how's driver support?

Reply #1
I don't think there can be much difference in perceived audio quality. There is the possibility that your current card has a higher hiss, see if this actually happening with your card and is a problem for you, playing for example some soft samples.

Any possible hiss would be due to your card worse electronics, but not due to the 16 bits of its converters.

Edit: however, if you are obsessed with highest audio quality and already have some very good quality headphones, go for it. However, I think any actual audible difference (apart from a possible higher hiss) will be very small, if not non-existent.

Reply #2
Depends on the source, the listening environement and the output device. All of these things need to be considered before any one part gets upgraded. If you listening environment is not quiet, there's no point in getting nice speakers and soundcards, etc.

Reply #3
thats what i thought, just wanted to check it out
like i said, im pretty happy with my current setup
just waiting for my headphone amp to finish it off:)