Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC & Tagging (Read 3321 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC & Tagging

Hi,

I ripped a lot of albums to FLAC with EAC using --tag="Track"="%n".

It should have been --tag="Tracknumber"="%n".

How can I batch rename this tag in all my FLACs?

Just one other question: I want to convert FLACs to MP3, and I've been using Speek's All2Lame. How do I get it to write ID3V2 tags as well as ID3V1?

FLAC & Tagging

Reply #1
Notepad/Edit/Replace...

FLAC & Tagging

Reply #2

I don't know if you were serious or not  but it doesn't work. I edited it with TextPad and it breaks the FLAC file.

Surely there's something that can remove tags and add tags?

FLAC & Tagging

Reply #4
And no, you can't do it in notepad. You could do it in a hex editor but you would have to know what you are doing. But that's getting OT, just follow the links.

FLAC & Tagging

Reply #5
I'm sure when it was suggested to edit the tags with notepad, the person meant to export the vorbis comments first (using --export-vc-to=file), do the editing, then import the comments back into the file (using --import-vc-from=file).  This will work, although you'll have to do it for each file individually, and if you have many files, this certainly won't be very efficient.

FLAC & Tagging

Reply #6
you may be able to use the masstagger in foobar for this.  i don't have flac files so no clue whether it will work.