Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Qaac & Foobar Parameters (Read 12546 times) previous topic - next topic

Qaac & Foobar Parameters

Hi All, first time poster, log time user .
I am trying to convert my WMA Lossless to ALAC using Qaac (refalac). I have set it up as stated on the net using the parameter '--silent --ignorelength - -0 %d' and it works fine, only thing it does not put across is the album art, no probs, just add that in I-Tunes. I would like the file name output to be like this 'track Number' - 'Artist' - 'Song Title' (ie; 01 - INXS - Kick.m4a). I can't make sense of the parameters like %d (Makes '01 Kick.m4a'), cant find a list that explains it all in english that I understand, just small descriptions of what they are and not many examples. looks like there are 1001 ways to do the same thing.

1. Is the above ok for converting or should I use one like I found on 'Foobar & Qaac' from 'Surroundbyus.com' (PDF) has alot more settings in it (Looks like it names all fields to bring over to the new file)? but still uses %d output. I beleive that refalac only converts alac and does not need the -A part to convert?

2. A List of descriptions & Examples of what I can use on the Foobar converter.

3. One last thing I converted from the same 'original file' In I-Tunes and in qaac and bit compared them to be the same (No errors) but I did note they had different Bitrates, close but not the same, they are using the same apple codec? should this be  a problem? also converted them back to Wav and the same no errors, checked in Foobar & in EAC.

Using the latest Qaac V1.25 & Foobar V1.1.11.

Thanks In Advance.

Qaac & Foobar Parameters

Reply #1
The converter uses whatever output file name format you specify. Oh, and you appear to have made a typographical error in your command line, you specified -0 (zero) instead of -o (lower case O).

Qaac & Foobar Parameters

Reply #2
The converter uses whatever output file name format you specify. Oh, and you appear to have made a typographical error in your command line, you specified -0 (zero) instead of -o (lower case O).

Ah yes In foobar I do have a 'o' and not '0' . What I would like to know is how I format the output to what I want?

Thanks

Qaac & Foobar Parameters

Reply #3
Select the tracks you want to convert, then open the context menu and navigate to Convert, ..., then change the settings under the Destination page. Output style and file name formatting. And there's a handy preview of all of the output file names at the bottom.

Qaac & Foobar Parameters

Reply #4
Select the tracks you want to convert, then open the context menu and navigate to Convert, ..., then change the settings under the Destination page. Output style and file name formatting. And there's a handy preview of all of the output file names at the bottom.

Spot the obvious, as I had set the destination folder along time ago for MP3, never been back there as I was sending it to the same directory (never thought formatting was there, just pointing to the output file directory). I thought I set it at the parameters section when I made the qaac codec. So %d takes 'Name Format:' converter setup output style and uses that

thanks for that quick response, guess I'm converting this weekend!

PS Still using Foobar, Itunes is just for the iPOD, just gave in & got one, long time MD man.

Qaac & Foobar Parameters

Reply #5
I'm having trouble with foobar v1.11  und qaac/refalac (tried different versions up to 1.31) on a Windows 7 x64 system.
All I'm getting is: "An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters)"
I have foobar installed as a portable application. The weird thing is I have the setup running fine on another PC with foobar 1.10 without any problems.
I stripped down the command line to "-o %d". Told the encoder not to use multiple threads for testing but to no avail.

Qaac & Foobar Parameters

Reply #6
This command line ("-o %d") is incorrect. At lesat add another dash: "- -o %d"

Qaac & Foobar Parameters

Reply #7
Reinstalled everything. Downloaded qaac again. Copied over my working settings from the other machine and used refalac as the encoder with "- --no-optimize --threading -o %d" as command line.
I used to have --silent and --ignorelength in my cmd parameters. Are those even still working in the lastest versions?