Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k loses the stream when /playpause (Read 1754 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k loses the stream when /playpause

Hi there!

I listen only to stream radio and I'm using AutoHotkey to trigger foobar2000.exe /playpause.

Problem is: lots of times I do /playpause in order to answer a call, etc. and when I do again /playpause it resumes the current stream for like 10 seconds and then jumps to the next station in my playlist.

I think foobar2000 forgets to take on the stream again if playback is paused after like two minutes or more.

I just want to keep playing my stream. How can I approach this issue ?

Reply #1
Pausing a stream is kind of strange.. Foobar reads the stream to buffer until it fills up i guess, then after unpause it plays the buffer but the stream is cut off so a 'not found' error is given or something. It was discussed at some other thread i believe.

For your specific situation i would suggest using "foobar2000.exe /command:mute" instead.

Reply #2
Thank you for your response.

I think is an usability bug because even if a stream technically can not be paused, for the listener the action play/pause should be transparent. The code should evaluate the resume playback function and retake the stream once play is trigged.

command:mute is great, but it makes me create another binding in order to start foobar2000.

Best regards.