Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lyricsgrabber2 Feedback & Discussion (Read 162265 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyricsgrabber2 Feedback & Discussion

Reply #175
I did a quick maintenance release (0.5.5.1 beta), that will show me a bit more in the crash dump about the issue with azlyrics making foobar crash.

So please update

Reply #176
"Search all" doesn't seem to work with the latest version. I immediately get status "failed" for all selected songs.

Reply #177
I can confirm The Link's problem.  The individual providers seem to work fine.

Reply #178
It doesnt work. I always get the Status "Failed"

(and I have the scripts updated in the optional settings)

Foobar200 v 1.1

Reply #179
Sorry guys,
I was testing something and made a mistake when reverting. It should now work, and thanks to Kode54 you can now get the update inside Foobar!

Reply #180
Every time I look at this page there is a new version  Thanks Qudeid ^^

Reply #181
Every time I look at this page there is a new version  Thanks Qudeid ^^

Lol...
Well, which doesn't necessarily only mean good, but at least it shows that something is being done
Btw. the new version is still uploading... (And with 9 kb Upstream, this takes a little while)

Edit: It's up  And tried updating it myself in Foobar, and it did it

Reply #182
Thanks for the latest update.

Though, I just wanted to add something.  I tried to update using foobar's new component manager, but it wiped out all of my scripts.  This may be unavoidable due to the way the component installer works, but I'll be manually updating in the future.

Reply #183
Thanks for the latest update.

Though, I just wanted to add something.  I tried to update using foobar's new component manager, but it wiped out all of my scripts.  This may be unavoidable due to the way the component installer works, but I'll be manually updating in the future.

I could make it so, that you can optionally put your scripts into the profile folder. That one wouldn't be deleted when updating.

Next Release has it.

(folder structure is the same.. pygrabber\scripts\ and pygrabber\libs)

Reply #184
Current Version: 0.5.5.2 beta

Introduction:

foo_lyricsgrabber2 (and foo_grabber_python) is a plugin originally developed by T.P.Wang (unfortunately not maintained for a long time). It is designed to download lyrics from the web for specified songs.

What do you mean not updated in a long time? It is showing that it was updated today?

By the way how does this compare to Lyric Show Panel 2?

THANKS

Reply #186
Thank you for explaining Nemphael. And let me add, it wasn't this February but last year, so more than 1,5 years. Maybe the use of words is wrong.
Point is, the original plugin, created by T.P.Wang, was last updated in February 2009. Then I took over a month or so ago, and first only updated it so it is Foobar 1.0 compliant (and foremost, not context menu items in "Legacy Commands (unsorted)"). After a few changes and new features I branched, so to speak, the development. That was also because I had no access to the google code project, T.P.Wang has opened.

About your other question, DasFox... I must honestly say, that I have no idea. I have never used it. So someone else must explain differences. Sorry.

Reply #187
It would be nice if there could be setting for files that have been searched for.

Say if you search 50 tracks and only find lyrics for 20.
At some later point you will probably try those missing 30 again.

However, it would be nice if you could "mark" attempted files somehow.
Just add a weird text value to the lyrics field.

Then when I try to update 100 songs and 30 of those have been attempted before I would get a prompt like:
"You have 30 songs that you tried finding lyrics for at an earlier point. Do you want to include these now?"

Probably need a setting for this prompt as well. Like the "silent" option existing today.

If you really want to go further you could use a numeric value which would tell how many times you actually have tried getting lyrics for that track and weigh that into the whole shebang.
Like:
"Don't attempt to download lyrics if it has been tried 10 times or more before".

Finally I'd just like to add that these are mere suggestions.
I love the plugin as it is all ready.

</thorbeck>
</thorbeck>

Reply #188
Thank you Thorbeck.
As it is, at the moment, I can't spare much time to work on this plugin as I have stated earlier, my Job started, so there really isn't much time to include such time consuming features.
But thank you for the idea, I will take this in consideration, in the future.

Reply #189
Hi there guys,

i have installed the newest version of the lyricsgrabber 2 (0.5.5.2. beta) in my portable foobar 1.1 version (via the preferences - components - install-thingy) but i cant update any of my lyrics.

when i right click on any song and go lyricsgrabber and do "search all" "darklyrics" or whatever, nothing happens...totally nothing...no window opens, no crash...it just goes on as if i didnt do anything..

what did i do wrong?^^

Reply #190
Hi there guys,

i have installed the newest version of the lyricsgrabber 2 (0.5.5.2. beta) in my portable foobar 1.1 version (via the preferences - components - install-thingy) but i cant update any of my lyrics.

when i right click on any song and go lyricsgrabber and do "search all" "darklyrics" or whatever, nothing happens...totally nothing...no window opens, no crash...it just goes on as if i didnt do anything..

what did i do wrong?^^

Check if there is an empty <lyrics> tag in the song. That is the only case I can imagine when this happenes.

Reply #191
ah yeah..that was the problem....lyricsvip.com was in the lyrics tag^^

thx ^^

Reply #192
ah yeah..that was the problem....lyricsvip.com was in the lyrics tag^^

thx ^^

That was probably an old problem with Lyricsplugin.
Glad I could be of help

Reply #193
I just found this plugin - this is great!

However, I get a strange error occasionally.  Upon completion of a search, for some files that report "success", I get "Could not update tags (Unsupported format or corrupted file)" when I try to update the tag.  The file seems fine in every way and not actually corrupted.  This seems to occur just on some of my FLAC files - maybe on 5% of them.    I've successfully run this plugin on many mp3 and flac files, and for the flac files on which I get the error, the mp3 version of the song updates successfully.

Anyone have any idea what is happening?  Thanks!

Reply #194
@bigglerest
i have the same "problem", but just with MP3-Files. it says "Could not update tags (Sharing violation) on:" but all files seems to work proper and the lyrics are saved, too.

Another bug i have sometimes on just a few files..maybe 1 out of 10.000 that the search stops and i cannot abort or do anything... is this a know bug? i could upload some of these files somewhere to the creepy world wibe web

Reply #195
I found that if you re-run the plugin again on the failed files, you can usually get it to work - try several times.  I think both my and your errors are stability issues with the plugin. 

This is still the best lyrics tool I've seen, but I found you shouldn't run it on too many files at once (maybe 100 or so maximum), because it does tend to crash.  I hope someone continues to develop it or something like it!

Reply #196
rescan wont work :/

i scan file amounts larger than 5000 files  i usually mark a letter in the file browser and part them in 5 packages, so the search goes 5 times faster i guess. Never experienced a crash @ large scans. Just on the few files which seems to be broken...and a stream-rebuild wont work

Reply #197
thanks for this plugin. using the latest version, and have an issue:

preferences-quiet mode
it looks like this preference isn't saved after a restart.  have to recheck it each time.  can anyone confirm?

Reply #198
1 i do get crashes on large scans
2 when lookup fails, console stops updating