Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems using foo_upnp as player (Read 1678 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems using foo_upnp as player

Hello:
I'm trying to use Foobar2000 with the UpNP component foo_upnp as a UpNP client on my notebook. On a different computer I started a UpNP server and what I have to do is to activate the UpNP browser, to open the remote server, and to select the folder and the song to listen to.
Selecting audio files in AAC or ALAC formats (ALAC also 24/96) contained in a iTunes library everything works perfectly. Also selecting folders external to the iTunes library and containing MP3 files everything work well.

The problems are with Wav and Flac files.

With Wav files I get error messages as the one shown hereafter:

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"http://192.168.0.2:30888/__contentStreamUPnP/e0ed165a6d142d93b88c501a640e6467/TVMOBiLi/0-29721fe5257a862adddd946aa383b1ffx77904y20z1307129798"

Of course, it's a standard wav file, 16/44.1, that I play correctly both on the laptop and the PC used as server.

Flac files are instead not viewed by the UpNP browser (ignored, not added to the playlist on Foobar). Of course, I checked many times also in this case that they are standard files, perfectly readable on both the PCs.

The laptop is a Vaio with Windows 7, the server is a Mac Mini with Mac OS, the media server is TVMobili.

I put already this question, but I'm adding now other elements hoping to find an answer.
Any help will be very appreciated.
Maurizio