Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_queuecontents - View and edit queue (Read 167966 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_queuecontents - View and edit queue

Reply #225
@Nadinus, Thanks.

The feature you discribed is not the queue. Queue in foobar is a separate from "what's going to play next". Foobar by default provides context menu entries for adding or removing songs to/from the queue.

Oh okay, thought those were one and the same. Useful extension nevertheless

Reply #226
hi, sorry to post again about this but I still have this issue on various recent PC:
drag&drop items while track playing don't update Sim* custom columns ( %queue_indexes% / %queue_total% / %isplaying% ...)
fresh install don't solve the problem
but deleting Core.cfg do ...for a moment
I can't reproduce this issue intentionally
see screenshot  : track 1 playing with custom animation like if(%isplaying%,....) , tracks 2, 4, 6 add by Ctrl Q showing %queue_indexes%/%queue_total%, tracks 3, 5 add by drag and drop showing nothing

thanks

Reply #227
@lucido Can you double check that you are using same versions of simplaylist, queuecontents foobar in all installations?

If that does not help, please save your layout and include only the simplaylist + queueditor ui components (side by side for example) and try to repeat the problem.

EDIT: SimPlaylist bug description on this (though should be fixed in the latest): http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....mp;#entry754420

Reply #228
Hi kerpondile,

i have a small issue that is notr reproducable for me. The columns in ui-element sometimes get shortened or are overlapping, so that i for example just see 4 columns instead of the existing five so that i have to reorder and resize them till they fit again in whole ui-element.

Reply #229
@q-stankovic: If you know how to reproduce, please inform me, and I will look into it.

Could it be foobar crash or something causing the settings to reset or something?

Reply #230
No, it just happens from time to time and sometime i remark it then. I never was able to reproduce it and i believe ( i am not sure) it happened never a second time during a windows session. It's nothing terrible, no crashing but just annoying. I will see to find some time to reproduce it. As it happens on windows 7 and windows 8 with the same portable installation on one side and it never happened toy you on the other side it might be related to the DUI_layout in any way.

Reply #231
Hi !

Do I understand correctly that this special playlist "Queue" - lets just see all the songs, but run out of it to play a song by pressing the "ENTER" is impossible. ?
How do I make in this list "Queue", one would run the tracks as well as from any other playlist?
thanks!

UPD
incredible! I spent a whole day looking for how this is done, write here, and an hour later, partially solved the question.
I just further assigned "enter" on the "play" and made it a global hotkey.
Partyally solved, because Global hotkey - not quite what I need. But it works.

Reply #232
As I understood foo_queuecontents creates its own separate playlist (Queue)
No, the playback queue is not a playlist – “separate”, “special”, or otherwise. It is something completely different.

The queue is a hack-ish feature that accepts a limited number of songs and is used to interrupt a playlist. That is: If you populate the queue, then foobar2000 will wait until the current track in the current playlist is finished, then it will play the song(s) in the queue, then it will go back to where it should have been (i.e. where it was interrupted) in the original playlist.

And just as the queue is not a playlist, neither is it created by foo_queuecontents. Said component simply allows you to, as its description says, “[v]iew and edit [the] queue”. Without this or another manager, the queue can only have songs added to it – not removed, re-ordered, etc..

where I can send any of the tracks from other playlists - that to me is very suitable.
In the "Queue" get the songs we want to sing next.
It would probably be many times better to create a new playlist called Karaoke, Playlist-on-the-Go, or whatever and send songs to that from whichever UI/library viewer you are using.

Do I understand correctly that this special playlist "Queue" - lets just see all the songs, but run out of it to play a song by pressing the "ENTER" is impossible. ?
Again, it’s not a special playlist, or any playlist at all, so it’s unsurprising that it does not act like one!

How do I make in this list "Queue", one would run the tracks as well as from any other playlist?
Don’t use the playback queue. Use a separate playlist for your, well, list of songs to play.

Sometimes I think the queue would be better removed, or at least should be more hidden.

Reply #234

Don’t use the playback queue. Use a separate playlist for your, well, list of songs to play.

I rejoiced too soon
db1989, you're right. I do not need a "Queue" as a function, even though it works almost the way I want.
I need to add songs from any of the 15 playlists in one special playlist, for example call it "Go!", which is equivalent in functionality to other playlists.
But most importantly - do it all without a mouse. Only hotkeys.
Up to this point, I was able to realize almost all the functions that I need.
I need this special playlist called "Go!" , which were the songs that I chose in advance to be able to change their priority.
Without a mouse. That is something that I have at the moment with foo_queuecontents, but he plays one in the top of the list.
And I need to be able to start to play - any of the already selected tracks this playlist (Go!), as in any other of playlists.
I tried the function "send to playlist ..." - It's almost what we need, but there is an extra step: The program asks me which of playlists (15 pieces), I want to send a track.
How do I tell the program to send all of my tracks in one single, I have chosen, the playlist is called "Go!". ?
That's what I need. Is there a plugin with such functionality?)
Thanks!

Reply #235
foo_utils component may be of help

It will give you a nicer set of "send to/add to/insert into " options. They will be available in the right click context menu - buried within legacy commands at bottom of context menu.  HOWEVER, you will be able to use keyboard shortcuts and bind your GO playlist to one step keystroke. Select a track, hit your shortcut and it will be in your Go playlist
Download the Old but still Helpful component here

Reply #236
foo_utils component may be of help

It will give you a nicer set of "send to/add to/insert into " options. They will be available in the right click context menu - buried within legacy commands at bottom of context menu.  HOWEVER, you will be able to use keyboard shortcuts and bind your GO playlist to one step keystroke. Select a track, hit your shortcut and it will be in your Go playlist
Download the Old but still Helpful component here

Yes, this is it!
afigitelno.
No mice, only hotkeys, spe?ial playlist. Cool.
It does what I need.
Thanks!

Reply #237
is there any possibility to show total queue time in this plugin?

Reply #238
Any way to make the panel transparent?

Reply #239
@orlik: No such functionality is available.

@nikolai4ik: Not that I know of.

Reply #240
I've got a folder with 109 songs in it, when I right-click and "add to playback queue" and then view the queue, only 64 tracks are there.

I'd like to be able to use the queue for a party playlist (tomorrow!) where I can re-order (and add to) the queue on-the-fly. 

Is there a max limit on the queue? 

Any ideas?

Reply #241
Yes, the playback queue is limited to 64 items. The playback queue isn't meant to be used as a playlist.

Reply #242
Yes, the playback queue is limited to 64 items. The playback queue isn't meant to be used as a playlist.

Ah, I see.  I wanted to use it as a playlist for a party as it's much easier to edit on-the-fly than a playlist.

Reply #243
Hey I love this plugin... was exactly what I was looking for!!  It would be over-the-top-STELLAR if the "move up" "move down", etc. could be mapped to hotkeys!!  Please please pleasplepalselasppleaslpeas prettyplease lol

Reply #244
zoogleflatt: Thanks! You can actually move items up/down already! Just press ctrl+shift+up or ctrl+shift+down in the UI component (with some items selected)

Reply #245
YESSSSSSSSSSS TYYY!!!   

Reply #246
Hi,
I have a question. I added queue column to my playlist. It works fine, but with tracks that are not selected as queued, I get a question mark instead of blank space in that column.
Its supose to show a blank space. How can I fix that. I guess there is a script for that.
Also, how can I change the colour of that column?
I use latest foobar version with cloumnUE and defaul skin.
Regards

Reply #247
amnesiac77: It's a bit unrelated to this component but you can find details on syntax formatting in the wiki: http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...de#Empty_Fields (See "Empty fields"). So all you need to do is use the square brackets to supress empty tag values.

Do not know about the column color... I think you should try out to ask it in a thread focused on columns ui.

Reply #249
@n99 thanks for reporting the GDI leak -- I can confirm it with GDIView. I've been reviewing the code after this long pause... Can you try the experimental version from my github: github. The new version is built with newer libraries (latest foobar SDK, visual studio 2015 and WTL90 gui library) and hopefully includes some memory leak fixes.

However, not all are fixed according to my tests  Is this still usable for you?